1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Things That Make You Odd

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gen, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Gen

Gen

The theme of this thread is essentially to share the other things about yourself that make you different from the general public, mainly on an uncontrolled level. This means that it isn't really about preferences or traits(IE "I'm intelligent most people aren't"), but rather other biological, quirks, disability/beneficial, psychological, etc, things that you could also phrase as simply being born this way.

Personally, I have a ton. My doctor used to call me an Alien Child when I was younger because nearly every issue I had was left unexplained. So for the sake of not giving you all a wall of text, I'll post them sporadically.

Since I just finished a vegan burger for lunch, it seems fitting that I start with the fact that I am a forced Pollotarian.

A pescetarian is someone who lives a vegetarian diet with the exception of fish. A pollotarian is someone who lives a vegetarian diet with the exception of poultry.

With the exception of dairy, as vegetarianism allows, I do not eat anything from a cow, pig, or fish. I am physically intolerant to all forms of red meat. My body would react in the same manner as someone with a lactose intolerance, although for a longer span of time since meat takes much more energy to digest. As far as fish, I simply have an strong preference against it. So, while I would like to say that I choose to be one because I'm such a nice person that wanted to limit my strain on the animal kingdom, my body is really the one calling the shots on that topic. ; )

2. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    AHAHAHAHA!! Where should I start..? Oh, boy this will be fun. *rubs evil hands together*

Well, I was born with a rare liver disease and a large spleen. I was also unnaturally quiet as a baby.

SOOOOO then we go onto my childhood. I wasn't aware of it until I was laughed at for it, but I'm short. If we were in 1st grade, I'd still be about the height of a pre-schooler. Yeah, the height thing kinda stayed with me to this day. I'm JUST barely "normal" height.

Along with that came the whole thing that I look a good few years younger than I really am. When I was 7, I looked like I was 5. When I was 13, I looked 9 or 10. Now at the age of 19, I look around the age of 14-16.

I'm also a heavier sleeper than just about everyone else. I can sleep about 12 hours on a good day.

When it's not LGBT politics, British music from the 60's and 70's, editing or anime, I'm pretty clueless on things, and so I tend to be more naive than I'd like to be :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I'm also androgyne, love looking androgynous and I get real excited whenever someone uses gender-neutral pronouns when referring to me.

I also have a huge passion for drumming, video editing, Graphic design and animation.

3. Bryar Thorne

I'm double jointed to the point where I can make my tongue look like I blew it up like a balloon or make my thumbs look like gorilla thumbs. Most people find that either freaky or weird whenever I do it. :slight_smile:

I also enjoy music in languages I don't understand more than in English. I don't know what it is but I just like it more. :lol:

4. LD579

My hair cuts my skin a lot. It's probably a combination of tough hair (As haircutters note repeatedly and often) and delicate skin. Yay.

5. Gen

Gen

I supposed Ryuichi and I are in the same boat.
    Check.

Check.

Check. Though I don't have as much of a problem with whatever pronouns others choose to use with me.
    This one is actually pretty new to me. That certainly falls into the category of this thread. Lol

6. BornInTexas

I can only imagine what it sounds like when someone cuts your hair. It's like the first cut into a piece of thick construction paper except with hair.

7. RoguesWolfe

Would excessive energy count? I mean sometimes I make other people feel tired just from watching me. I mean I've gone days with no sleep the longest was a week and was completely fine. I've been like this since a kid, mom always thought I was add or something.

8. Night

Night Guest

I don't know if it really counts, but I figure it makes me odd in some way.

My incredible dislike of and disinterest in others.

I can't really pinpoint it to being biological, but I certainly didn't/don't choose to be this way. It's not even in a "I'm holier than thou" way, just in that I fucking hate other people and I'm at my happiest when I'm left the hell alone. I have very few friends, by choice, and unfortunately I'm actually incredibly likeable so people are always bugging me to talk to them and notice them. I don't even care how cocky that sounds, it's the truth as it's been pointed out to me multiple times. I don't want to be like this, because as I said I'm likeable so clearly people would enjoy my company and it'd be nice to enjoy theirs, too... but I can't even fake interest in others.

It's ultimately led to me not even being sure if I could ever have a successful relationship. Like I said, I don't want to be this disinterested/hateful towards others but such is life. I've managed it this long.

9. BooksJeansTea

Weird within my own family- I look absolutely nothing like the rest of them but I am the biological child of my parents.

Weird in general: all of my fingers are double jointed, I can make weird shapes with my tongue, I have a tick or something of the sort (happens rarely these days- more so when stressed) that looks something like a chill and one that looks more like Voldemort when he moves his head to the side and rolls his neck. It's hard to describe and feels very involuntary. Once in a great while my leg won't get the message to expect weight and I will fall over. I've always had terrible balance and coordination. (I stooped to pick up a paper and caught my face on a table- full on)

10. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ... Past tense? Was I predicted to post in this thread..?

Also, there was one thing I missed (probably several that I can't really remember right now): My body works like a girl's. I have no sexual desire whatsoever to penetrate anyone (and even if I did, I wouldn't be good at it because I'd be worrying about hurting them), I could swear my ass was made for someone else and my tits are erogenous zones. I never got the dominant male mentality. Ever.

11. Oxelotl

hmm this is interesting.

I was born 2 months prematurely.

Despite being the same height as my parents I'm actually short for my age, and basically everone in my grade is taller than me.

To my chagrin I can't Whistle, Curl my tongue, Blow up balloons (I know that's weird) and lot's of other weird little things where I seem to be the only personw ho can't

I spontaneously burst into random accents in a conversation (hell I've even done a Gollum impression mid conversation)

I thinnk that's enough for now. Don't know how odd they are.

12. RainbowMan

Don't feel lonesome, this is me too :slight_smile:

13. LD579

That actually is how it sounds xD

Of course. Naturally, Gen predicted as such. He's just cool like that.

Also, I'm pretty sure that nipples are an erogenous zone for many, many people, but guys usually don't admit it and/or are conditioned to not enjoy it, if that makes any sense. But I see where you're coming from.

14. etiggy

In the middle of moving to London.That's the plan.
    I'm pretty regular if don't count the fact that I can lit fire with the power of my mind. I just have to vigorously rub it to some flamable object for a minute or two.

15. Gen

Gen

Well, the Mr. Meticulous in me won't allow myself to openly own up to that grammatical error; so I mean, yeah, I'm just cool like that. ; )

Though seriously, now that I think about it, the things you say about yourself in many of your posts are characteristics that I would consider similar to my own, from the ones I can recall. Likewise, this one as well. I don't have a problem being seen as male in regards to my sex, but I do feel a bit uncomfortable when its referred to as my gender. Penetrating things isn't my cup of tea either.

16. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, then I suppose we do have quite a few similarities! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Or maybe.... There's two of ME.... or two of YOU... or.. :rolle:

Ooh look, a nickel!

17. thesharkamander

My hair is freaking curly and fluffy and oh my gods.
    People who can't remember my name usually call me "the girl with the hair".
    Random strangers will come up and comment on my hair or pet it or something.

I also can't eat most fruits or vegetables without cooking them first. It makes my throat itch and my lips swell up if they're raw.

I can make one eye face straight forward and the other at my nose at the same time, with either eye. (The left can point at my nose with the right going forward and vice versa.)

Uhh...
    Yeah.

18. AKTodd

I'm racially mixed and have two different color eyes. Everything else I'm pretty confident is the result of an interesting childhood.

Todd

19. RoguesWolfe

I do the same! I haven't done a Gollum but I have by accident done a Yoda from Star Wars. Usually though I'll sound British, but if I get angry I can sound Scottish or Irish. Only once I made my friend laugh because I was super excited about something and sounded Latino.

20. qwr42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Is this more like physical things?
    In that case, my eyes change colors every few weeks. They shift from blue to green to grey. This one time they were this brilliant shade of turquoise, wished they'd stay like that XD

If not so much physically...
    In my spare time i write languages, spoken written, uncrackable. Tried to get some of my friends to learn it but i had to make some major changes that were preventing translations, so i just sort of scrapped it and imma start again soon.