1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I love you guys.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jinkies, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know that may sound cliche'd to the point of ad-nauseum, but it's really true. I love this forum, and the last forum I posted something like this on was in 2008. I left a few years afterwards, though. However, I don't think I'm going to be leaving this place for a very, very, very long time. I might be dead when that happens, and here's why:

EC is a support site. And as much as I love supporting as many people as possible, I still come on here for my own support. Not necessarily in a direct way but a bit more arbitrarily.

The tab right next to mine is a Young Turks video on Youtube about gay merit badges, and the comments are just disgusting. Not all of them, though. But there are a few users who viciously post anti-gay comments. I posted a bible verse from the New Testament and my comment was completely ignored.

There's barely a day that goes by when I don't hear "You're a sinner and will go to hell", "You're a pedophile", "You are a sexually promiscuous pervert that will fuck anything that moves" or "You're demanding special rights" from other people out there. If I hadn't joined EC, I'd probably be much worse off. I wouldn't have had the guts to come out, and so I wouldn't have had my beautiful trip with my boyfriend. I would have guessed that there were still very few people that supported equality, let alone LGBT rights.

Which brings me to this next part: Everyone here on EC, especially the many friends I've made throughout this week, shares the same goal I do: For all people to live happy lives without discrimination, without oppression, and without judgement.

I couldn't be in a happier place, if I didn't join EC.

I thank everyone for all the support they've given me, and for fighting for what really matters.

(*hug*)

2. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love you too. That's why I love this site is because yeah, I get to help people, I get help when I need it (and boy did I need it a few days ago), and we're like a family. We're all here for each other.

3. RoguesWolfe

I haven't been on the site for that long but already i like it. It's really neat compared to other sites I've been on. That and there are seriously some helpful people on here <(^-^)>.

4. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This part I forgot to mention. I know exactly what you're talking about, since we've fought with each other not just offline with our fight for LGBT people, but also on here. Whenever something doesn't seem to click with the main goal, we do whatever we can to fix it.

I know recently there have been some harsh members here that immediately got called out on their statements because of that. It really does show that although we're sitting in our rooms, offices, etc. miles and miles apart from each other, we're really not alone on this planet. We know that there are other people who were born with different working bodies than the 97-98% of people who statistically outshine us by a landslide.

Still, half of them are against homosexuality because they think it's a sin, a belief against their god, automatic promiscuity, whatever. People keep telling us that we've got 50% with us, so we should be happy with it. But we know that's not the world we want or need to live in. We also know that's not the world we want our descendents to live in, either because they won't want to live in that world. And so until we have 100% I'm not going to give up the fight. And because we're like a family, I know I'll have you guys with me.

5. Northern

I love all of you, of course not equally, because chocolate still exists, but I love you all :slight_smile:

6. person57

I love everyone on here too, I don't think I'll ever leave this site :slight_smile:

7. Amerigo

this is my temporary home

love you guys

8. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We love you too, dude. <3

9. RocketMoose27

I... LoveYouAllToo- *Choke, choke, gag* I'm not a fan of saying cheesy stuff, but I mean it 10000%! (*hug*)

10. qwr42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I love you too, stay alive, my friend.

11. Falklands Sheep

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been here for less than a week, and to be fair, the feeling of being welcome is almost palpable. Everyone here is far friendlier than all other communities I've been part of, and for that I salute you.

12. Oxelotl

I haven't been on here that much. But the amount of help I've gotten from all you guys has been amazing. So I love you and everyone on here.

13. GentleBreeze

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    We love you too :slight_smile:

14. iHateThinking

I dunno you at all but you, sir, just keep being awesome.

Yeah this place is starting to grow on me too; I only joined like a month ago, but I check here nearly every day now to see what's going on and come to post and enjoy myself a little. Trying to help people in similar scenarios is nice, especially when the advice you give can actually help. It makes you feel a little better knowing you have given someone the words they needed to improve their situation and maybe feel a little bit better.

I do hope I can get to know more of you, you all seem freaking awesome. :grin:

15. Pocky

I also haven't been on a forum in ages that I've actually felt compelled to come back to regularly and get genuinely excited to see replies to my posts and be involved in discussion.

Already it's been really helpful for me to just become more in touch with real people who have real thoughts, feelings emotions. Not just real people, but real LGBT people.
    I'm kind of using EC as a stepping stone towards my next goal which is joining a local LGBT youth group with other people in the flesh! :eek:

Ryuichi, we haven't got the chance to know each other that well yet - seeing as I've only been a member for two weeks - however, apart for your always enlightening posts, I always smile when I see your custom title 'Teh Derpy One' :icon_bigg

#15 Pocky, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  16. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why thank you ^^

I also saw your username is "Pocky" and the custom title is "Delicous" and I laugh at that every time, because who can disagree? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: