1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spiders

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RoguesWolfe, Aug 23, 2013.

1. RoguesWolfe

Anyone else afraid of them? What makes you afraid of them? I mean they can be so small yet...I'll freak instantly. I'd like to get over the fear, but it just seems to get worse as I age. I was actually trying to get some things out of the attic ( which I already have a fear of, but I'm the only one home so yeah) so I can start selling things on ebay once again, and what do you know a spider right next to my hand. Either I've got some good reflexes or it was pure luck. Standing at the top of the stairs I freak from seeing the spider so close to me and let go but some how caught myself in time from hitting the ground. -__- What makes no sense is I used to play with spiders as a kid so wtf? :bang:

2. BooksJeansTea

Yup. Terrified of spiders but it's something I have to deal with. I get wolf spiders around here. They are just .... unearthly looking with all the legs and the lack of .... mammalness? (I know that isn't a word but it's the same reason fish freak me out when I'm in the water with them)

3. kresukun

It really does depend on the kind of mood I am in and if they sneak up on you. I also hate to kill bugs and stuff so I either try and get them outside, or introduce the cats to them. :lol:

4. FloatingPiano

One crawled up my leg in the mall parking lot the other day, and I screamed and cried in public.

Does that answer the question? haha. XD

I'm TERRIFIED of them. Their legs and many eyes scare the shit out of me, and I hate how fast they are. And some jump....

Okay, even TALKING about them makes me cringe. Urgh.

5. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

I got big spiders at my old apartment. I usually was the one who had to get rid of them since my brother hates them. Now I don't mind seeing them downstairs, they eat other bugs. Much prefer them to cockroaches. The big colorful ones you see outside kinda freak me out though.

6. Sarcastic Luck

Nope. I wouldn't mind keeping some as pets.

7. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unless it looks like this:[​IMG]

I am not scared of it whatsoever. I am perfectly fine with 99% of spiders. They make webs that catch the scary buzzy stingy things, and then they EAT THEM :grin:

8. RoguesWolfe

I'd seriously love to get over this stupid fear, because well I also find them fascinating, like they can be really neat. I've looked up steps on how to get over the fear and just the first step I don't think I could do. I mean I even have to sleep with the blanket over my head in case they are on my ceiling, stupid things like that. And i swear I am the freaking Spider king....they don't bother my room mates but as soon as I enter the room they come to me. It's creepy!

---------- Post added 23rd Aug 2013 at 10:20 PM ----------

YOU....that was just evil! I had just posted and then bam I see that! -_- Scared the crap out of me XD.

9. Northern

It depends, if I see them on my own from a distance I will kill them, if I notice them close by... Good luck stopping me from burning the house down haha.

10. RoguesWolfe

Hahaha Yeah same here. Kinda glad my room mates aren't here...they would question me as to why I am walking around the house with a Kendo stick in a fighting stance. Yes I fight spiders with Kendo sticks.

11. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am an arachnophobe...

12. BooksJeansTea

hah! You fight spiders with kendo sticks... I tried not to laugh at you but the image I got was too funny.

13. RainbowScratch

Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't mind spiders as long as there not on me..

14. RoguesWolfe

Yeah I kinda go to that sort of extreme XD. It is funny though, I even bring my kendo stick with me to do my laundry since the washer and dryer are in the basement and I'm afraid of basements XD.

15. RocketMoose27

I'm not scared of a lot of things other than the dark... But if a spider ever made physical contact with me, I would flip my sheet, crush it and sprint around like a mad-man while yelling about how horrible it's blood is.

16. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry... T.T :icon_sad:

17. RoguesWolfe

You did it on purpose now didn't you? Naw it's all good lol. Though I defeated the attic...only to almost fall down again with a heavy box in hand....

18. AKTodd

Hm. Had a Black Widow in my dorm room in college. That was a bit inconvenient. I really wanted to catch it safely and release it outdoors but we couldn't figure out a way and ended up killing it while trying (still feel bad about that).

We get big wolf spiders here and they make amazing webs. Great fun to watch, although you definitely want to look where you're going at night.

If we find spiders (small ones) in the house we either take them outdoors or just leave them alone. They aren't hurting anything and presumably eat other bugs that get in the house.

My mom loves spiders and hates killing anything. We used to do nature walks when I was a kid and if we found a non-poisonous snake or something she'd pick it up and let me hold it and stuff before we'd let it go again. I'm not as compassionate as she is (will kill a roach on sight), but will avoid hurting a spider if at all possible.

Todd

19. qwr42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    KILL THEM ALL WITH FIRE!!!!!!!!!!

I used to think that way, but im slowly feeling empathy towards bugs. They still gross me out, but i sometimes feel guilty about killing them, like i just crushed my own soul somehow.

20. Mariall

Yes, but honestly wasps bother me so much more.