1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feel so different...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MoyashiAlice, Aug 25, 2013.

1. MoyashiAlice

Hi~

As luck would have it, all of my buddies are straight females except perhaps one... I know that something like 90-95% of the population is straight but I never really got the significance till now. Anyway, I have social anxiety so I have trouble making conversation to begin with.

Whenever I meet up with buddies, they always, for some odd reason want to talk about guys or university, which I am going to next year. They talk about cute guys they saw, who they want to ask them out, who they want as a boyfriend, maybe losing their virginity in university and so on.

This makes it so awkward for me, as I lean more towards women. I haven't told that many people I am bi, because it would be kinda awkward in that kind of environment. But it also makes me feel really lonely and left out. Especially since I have social anxiety. :frowning2:

Does anyone feel left out from society over their sexuality like this too? And does anyone have any solutions to getting the conversation away from their girly "I want a boyfriend sooooooooooo bad" stage? :dry:

2. Ohhai

hi :slight_smile: I get you. Just Been on holiday, and my mum's partner's grand daughter was like 'Oh, do youthink that guy is fit? what about him? Oh, he's gorgeous' and I was a bit like hmmm.
    I think you just have to kind of ride it out. But I totallyunderstand how lonely it is.

3. MoyashiAlice

@Ohhai

Thanks. It's good to know I'm not alone. Quite a few people on here seem to have a number of gay/bi friends in real life. Kinda wish I did...

4. Ohhai

Me too :frowning2:

5. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Oh, I've always felt that way around straight people. While we might like to say sexuality is just a small part of who we are, the fact is that human beings do spend a hell of a lot of time thinking and talking about things related to it, whether it's about sex itself or just about people we are attracted to.

Back when I was a "straight" young teenager (I really did consider myself straight), I always felt kinda out-of-place when by straight male friends began talking about girls and which girls were hot and all that; such topics came up quite frequently. Even though I had convinced myself that I liked girls then, I still was bewildered by why they were so into talking about girls all the time.

But actually since coming out to myself as gay, I understand them and their mindset much better, since I could easily talk about boys all the time. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So while we may be attracted to different sexes, we should still be able to relate to each other as being human beings attracted to other human beings.

6. MoyashiAlice

@Rakkus
    Your so right. (Sigh) Human beings are a pretty sexual species. Unfortunately, I am also a bit weird in the fact that I don't like being touched and never want to be in a relationship. Therefore, even when I am attracted to someone, I would never say that. So people talking about those they are attracted to still confuses me in a way, since I would never do it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As an asexual person, I'm amazed at how much people talk about sex. It seems like most people (especially around my age) are pretty much obsessed with sex.