1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Funny Screwups

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Data, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Data

Data Guest

Alright, I'll start by telling you what happened this morning. First, I woke up and stumbled into the kitchen to eat. I ended up dropping my chicken patty (I usually wake up late and skip breakfast) on the floor. After blowing it off and nuking it in the microwave I had my meal. Then I went to brush my teeth and as I wet my toothbrush I pumped handsoap onto the brush instead of putting toothpaste on it. :eusa_doh: Argggg! Last but not least, I hid my wallet from the window estimate guy a few days ago because I never trust people with valuables out in the open. I slipped it into my underwear drawer, and consequently I couldn't find it when I went to look for it in the usual places.

It's so irritating when you just have a crappy time with all the little screwups. I blame it on the poor night's sleep I had before waking up.

Just to make my errors seem trivial, my mom leaves the stove on and puts her car keys and cell phone in the freezer some times. :eusa_clap

So, what do you guys do every now and then as a result of being absent minded or exhausted?

2. kresukun

I have often thrown socks in the bin instead of in the washing basket.

There have also been other times when I thought I lost a pen or pencil, when actually it was in my hand the entire time.

I have also known times when my Mum had forgotten to turn the oven on.

3. Data

Data Guest

OH! That just reminded me, I often throw my silverware away by accident! :eusa_doh:

Your mother has the OPPOSITE problem from my mom! My mom has left the oven on for hours at 350* and the only reason we knew was because it was 90* in the kitchen for no apparent reason! So dangerous!

4. kresukun

There have often been times when I would walk into a room and completely forget why I even went in there.

But the story about your Mum keeping the oven is very dangerous, I at leasy hope it wasn't during the summer.

5. RoguesWolfe

I've left the stove on for a whole night, so glad nothing happened. Sometimes I go to brush my teeth with my hair brush XD. I've put away dirty clothing before a few times. I've put milk in the cabinet and had it go bad. I tried putting my shoes in the freezer. I space out a lot.

6. RainbowMan

Oh, on more than one occasion I've looked all around for my wallet, and couldn't find it. Except that it was in my pocket the whole time. Oops.

7. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've repeatedly almost Put milk in the cereal cabinet and cereal in the fridge.
    I've also opened up the wrong document when editing multiple times.
    I've also on multiple occasions passed whatever I was looking for about 10 times before actually realizing it's there.
    I'll also start posting something and then remember to do something else in another tab and COMPLETELY forget that I was posting until I return to the tab..

I've also repeatedly forgotten what I was saying mid-sentence.

8. Data

Data Guest

I also remembered just now, in our machine shop at my HS I was working on a piece using the milling machine and the lathe. I'd chuck up my work in the lathe, do what I needed and move to the Bridgeport mill. Somewhere between moving my work between machines, I managed to loose all the hardware that I was going to use to bolt my project together. I looked EVERYWHERE for that bag of hardware only to find out I had put it in my backpack for safe keeping. Sometimes my "safe keeping" is so safe, I can't it even find it later on.

Also, JUST NOW I said "Man it's hot in my room" only to remember that I had shut my A/C unit off onto fan only mode to dry out the coil. I dry it out every few days to prevent mold growth, but I forget and it gets way too hot to sleep. I wake up and turn it back on, but man is that IRRITATING!

9. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I read that as "I also remembered just now, in our machine shop at my Homestuck" ...

10. RoguesWolfe

Hmm almost forgot some times I see numbers as letters and letters as numbers. Though at times I see things backwards, so yeah reading a story to my friends can be a bit confusing. Oh and I'll burst out laughing at something and when someone asks me sometimes I'll forget and kinda look stupid XD.

11. Data

Data Guest

Isn't that similar to Dyslexia? I don't actually know the definition of Dyslexia, so I could be wrong.

That reminds me of "Through the Looking Glass" when the lady experiences things backwards. She screams and when Alice asks what wrong she says that they experience things backwards. Then she cuts her finger and doesn't scream. Alice asks why she didn't scream when she cut it, and the lady says it's pointless because she already screamed! HAHAHA such a great book! :roflmao:

12. RoguesWolfe

I'm not really sure to be honest. It's been happening just in the past few weeks. Hmm I've heard of the book but never read it.

13. Data

Data Guest

Oh that's odd. Did you hit your head? :slight_smile:

It's a great book. Kind of a sequel to Alice in Wonderland. The two books go together.

14. RoguesWolfe

Lol I am accident prone I swear. But lot's of things have been happening in the past year really. I've become more allergic to different things and such and then now this. Who knows. Hmm I'll have to give it a chance.

15. Elf Wynd

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Apparently that emotion chip is screwing up your logic circuits Mr. Data.

It seems to me you do not have a clear routine with set patterns. Thus many of your errors are because you are trying to think when obviously you do not start functioning for a long while after getting out of bed. Memories work better with schedules and routines as well.

As for using hand soap instead of toothpaste, I fail to see how that could happen.

As for lousy night's sleep, I strongly suggest you go to bed early and set about getting at least 8 hours of sleep. If you are not an insomniac now, you will be in a a few years, and once that starts you are screwed for life.

Little things like not drinking caffeinated drinks past 4 pm, turning off the TV 30 minutes before bed time, setting yourself a set routine of prepping for the next day, say pulling out the clothes you will be wearing, setting up the coffee maker to go off in the morning... these little things made into a habit will become a relaxing routine which will trigger sleep.

It may take several weeks to train your body to go to bed and sleep at X O'clock, but once you do it and you start getting 8 hours of sleep, and the hour or so of much needed deep REM sleep you will undoubtedly function more efficiently and make fewer mistakes.

16. Data

Data Guest

I am an insomniac. Quite unfortunate. I don't drink caffeine at all since it upsets my IBS. That means morning and night. I have what's called Sleep Shift Delay or something along those lines, which basicallu means I go to sleep at 10-11pm and wake at 9-10am. Anything other then that isn't natural for me. Of course, like I am now, often I don't get tired at all and I can stay up till 8am the next day and then not sleep until the next night. It's frustrating.

I've resorted to self medicating. A big bottle of Benadryl and Doxylamine Succinate take turns putting me to sleep. When that stops working (it will) I'll go to the doc and get a script for a hypnotic. :frowning2:
    :bang:

17. RoguesWolfe

This is becoming a sad puzzle now :frowning2:.

18. Data

Data Guest

What do you mean?

19. RoguesWolfe

Because I completely understand the sleep issue. Mom is begging me to go to sleep therapy....but I have no idea what they do and I kinda..am afraid of doctors..

20. Data

Data Guest

Oh ok. I never knew there was a sleep therapy! Huh. That's interesting.

I got this way in HS. I always had a hard time waking up, but it affected me in HS and it still does.