1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it wrong want your parents to separate?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cloud, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Cloud

The title is pretty self explanatory.

My mother is always on my back about every little thing. I may sound like I'm just complaining but it's really bad. I think I might actually hate her.

My dad however, is good. I like my dad. He's cool with stuff and doesn't get pissed over every single thing I do wrong.

I want them to separate so I can go live with my dad and not have to deal with her. I'm not sure if its wrong to think this.

2. RoguesWolfe

Ehh it's not the greatest thing to think. I've had my parents go through a divorce then an awkward friendship kinda thing. So I know what it would be like if they actually did. Anyways I used to think the same way when dad stopped well being dad, he went overboard on a lot of things. He forced me to dress how he saw suited, everything I did was because he told me to. Sure we had our problems a lot of them but even though how much he mad me feel like crap I could never hate him. I have actually tried thinking how it would be if he were out of my life, I wouldn't want that. Sure we still have some problems now but have you ever just taken her aside and talked to her? Tell her how you feel?

3. Cloud

Yes, I have talked to her. Multiple times. She apparently is not to blame, for anything. One time, I told a small lie about not walking the dog and she pretty much rejected me for a week. Thanks for trying to help though.

4. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

I've kind of hoped my parents would split up for years. Since they spend 90% of the time driving each other fucking insane. And my brother and I as well (Mostly my mother, but my father does his part at times too.)

5. RoguesWolfe

Well I'm not the greatest with words anyways, but I seriously do hope things clear up and such. <(^-^)> I tried.

6. leer

mum & dad separated when i was 2 divorced the year after. they were married 4 years. they both re married and have always been their for me . do your parents get on together ?. are they always arguing or falling out this may sound stupid but have you talked to your mum about how you feel .

7. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My parents have recently divorced after twenty years of marriage, and I wanted them to. I couldn't stand their bickering day after day. It's fine to want them to, and to express concerns provided you don't sabotage their relationship.

8. Ohhai

No. It was a relief when mine split up. No more scream fights and atmosphere.

9. silkfrog1292

Yeah, actually I do. My parents pretend that everything is fine between them, but I know deep down they resent each other, and only stay together on a basis of "duty"- to society, to their respective family, to their kids etc. They have a small argument like once a month, and big one every two to three months; dad would say some hurtful stuff, mom would cry and say hurtful stuff back, there would be an awkward reconciliation.

I don't actually remember a time when my parents slept together in one room. I think the last time that happened was when I was four.

Unlike OP here, I want my parents to divorce not because of personal considerations. I'm going to graduate from university soon after all. I just think they would both live happier lives if they separate. But still I feel guilty about it, it seems wrong for a child to WANT their parents to separate