1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you meet your boyfriend/girlfriend/partner in a none gay environment?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gazza123, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

What I mean is did you meet your boyfriend/girlfriend/partner past or present in place that wasn't LGBT centered such as gay bars/cafes/clubs or LGBT support centers.

I need some hope that I will eventually meet someone and because I've never been to a gay bar and more likely never will, I just wanted to know if anyone has met someone is a different way.

Online Dating doesn't count in this thread because my experience of all that is just horrible and I think it best to leave it well alone.

I just kinda like the idea of meeting a guy by chance and things starting off that way but every guy I meet is straight. Guess I've been watching too many soppy movies and thinking of the whole romance of it all has got to me.

So... Anyone wanna share? Anyone?

2. RoguesWolfe

Yes I have. I met one of my exes at the bookstore one day. It was kinda funny because I was wearing my fox tail. She came up behind me and started playing with it. Then we talked forever and after a few weeks started dating.

3. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What would Skype be considered as..? LGBT? Non-LGBT?

4. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I guess it could be considered non LGBT

It's neither online dating nor a gay club/bar

5. Hrantou

My first boyfriend I met at one of my high schools football games. Turns out we even had a class together but I never even noticed (yes I am that clueless :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) Since it was a catholic school it was definitely a non-gay environment.

He was a football player too. You would be surprised who is gay and you just never know. You'll meet someone one day, and it might be when you least expect it :wink:

6. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I hope so

It would be really exciting if it happened when I least expect it to. I just have little patience for stuff like this... Hmmm

7. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep, I met my partner my first year of college, and we were friends, but not close friends till the last year of college...I never thought he was gay, actually, but then, we ended up going out, and here I am, still together quite a few years later, and hoping to get married when we have the money for the ordeal! So yes, it happens. I didn't think it would happen this way, though it did.

8. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I am the exact same way about patients lol I really want a guy but it's not going to happen in a while. I did meet my ex on ******, it was a long distancrelationship, but I still have feelings for him. We still talking often though on fb

9. leer

met my boyfriend @a concert he was a friend of a friend .

10. LateNightWolf

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The place I live at is a bit conservative but everyone my age is very open. I met them all at school...

11. Naomilly92

All of my past 'partners' and I use that term lightly, I met via online dating sites. So it is possibly to meet potential love interests without going to the gay scene. You may want to try an LGB social group if gay bars aren't really your scene

12. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Social groups of any kind don't seem to exist near me. I've check, a good few times and turned up nothing

Were they paid or free dating sites?

13. Lovetoski

Lovetoski Guest

I met my gf at work. Neither of us were looking. Good luck.

14. kulele

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah, given he's totally cis and straight.

But seriously, my previous partners who've been women (one was gay, one was pansexual), I met both of them in college in my classes. LGBT environments might help, but I tend to run into LGBT people now and again wherever I am. Good luck!

15. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I met my boyfriend in the hotel when I was on holiday with my parents...

16. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I met him in high school...first couple weeks of freshman year, and we really hit it off. We were best friends before he came out to me and it turned romantic.