1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Afraid of liking a facebook status? xD

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PrinceOfAvalon, Aug 27, 2013.

1. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    Alright. If a guy takes a picture of him shirtless, or working out, or anything related and asks for opinions and what not, do you feel super embarrassed to like the status or anything? xD if you aren't a facebook fanatic, this topic is obviously not for you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

There have been many times where I'm like, i want to like this as a friendly thing, but im afraid people will think of it as me being "predatory" whatever the hell sense that is>.>

I know some straight guys are afraid to do it for fear of being perceived as gay, and theres like only girls liking it, but i could care less about that part.

I just dont want to be approached the next day all the time and have people be like "uh... you liked my status, and i dont like you that way" because thats happened 1nce haha xD

What do you guys think? Worth the awkwardness if theres no attraction really?
    Or smarter to just play it safe.

Oh and im already fully out to all my friends on/off facebook so that's not really the problem.

I suppose this could apply to girls as well, if you know facebook friends who often take pictures of themselves in bras or topless *cough*

#1 PrinceOfAvalon, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  2. JBWat

JBWat Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I totally know what you mean! I think most of the guys I'm friends with on facebook who post those kinds of pictures are looking for there female friends to comment how sexy they are. Most of my fb friends don't know I'm gay, and I still don't think it would go over well if I started liking and commenting about how good they look. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I happen to have two Facebook accounts for this very reason. :wink: But on my 'female' account, ran into this all the time whenever anyone posted a pic. If I liked a girl's pic, I'd be perceived as female and chances are, they're probably straight; if I liked a guy's pic, everyone thinks I'm a lesbian so questions shall be asked.

Least on my real account, I'm blatantly bisexual, not even subtle at all about where I lean so I can usually get away with it.

4. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhh but most of the time it's too much effort so I don't anyway

5. Hrantou

On Facebook yes. If a hot guy posts a pic of himself working out or shirtless or all around just being hot, then I'm afraid to like it. I really want to, just because I like it, but I won't because everyone reads into what people like on Facebook. xD

I will add though, on Instagram I have no fears of liking hot guys pictures. I will "double tap" it with no thought given to it. I guess its just different. Facebook is way more open about what people do on it.

6. Naren

I have a friend who posts a lot of things very relevant to girls and I feel weird liking her statuses as I'm not out on facebook.

7. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
  8. srslywtf

Not sure if its a cultural thing where you are, or maybe just cos i know alot of gym nuts, but here straight people are liking topless shirtless man photos all the time.. i think its like .. seen as liking the effort someones put into themselves, rather than being like... damn i want to take that home tonight :lol:

9. Perseus

You're completely put on Facebook anyways... It's not really gonna change anything. I like hot guys photos too... But I understand that feeling when you hesitate about clicking the button. In my opinion, liking a photo doesn't change a thing since a lot of straight guys I know like these shirtless photos too.