1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drag Shows

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Stephany, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Stephany

What is your experience? I am a huge fan of RuPaul's Drag Race and my girl friends and I are heading to a drag show during pride weekend next month. I've never actually been to a drag show. Any rules? Anything I should prepare myself for? Not in a judgmental way. I find drag queens very appealing and extremely talented. However, the website for this particular show says it is 21+, which is good and that for the first 30 minutes one of the ladies will be going around teasing up the crowd. What does this mean? What should I wear? Is it silly to ask what I should wear to a drag show? I know no one can be as fabulous as the queens but I'm starting to get nervous, lol.

2. Naomilly92

I've always wanted to go to a Drag Show, but I've never had anyone to go with. I guess you should treat it as seeing a comedian just gather round a table with your friends and a drink, just wear whatever feels comfortable

3. Stephany

If you lived in MN I'd invite you :slight_smile: The more the merrier! I just don't want to be picked on...one reason I avoid comedy shows, lol. Never liked being one singled out in a crowd. Was hoping to avoid that if at all possible.

4. biggayguy

Take plenty of singles for tips. If you are a very good tipper you may get a lap dance or a kiss. I always tipped my favorite queen a little better. You might want to tip the drag king extra since you a woman.

5. Aryeh

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The drag shows where I live are awesome. I'm very good friends with the drag queens here. I'm actually friends with a queen that was on RuPauls Drag race. Drag shows are so much fun. They tend to smell the fear coming off of a straight man...and they make that man the highlight of the night. haha.

6. Stephany

Oh Good tip! I would have never thought of bringing cash with....I suppose it would be weird to ask if they take credit..ha! Def. going to hit the ATM beforehand.

---------- Post added 27th Aug 2013 at 07:24 PM ----------

Thank goodness I'm not a straight man! Now I am getting more excited :slight_smile:

7. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I've been to drag shows at gay bars in NYC. Though I haven't been to the kind biguy mentions where drag queens would give you lapdances, not into that kinda thing. The drag shows I've seen have just been singing and dancing and jokes and fun. Though I'm usually drunk during them, since they're at bars.

8. Stephany

Lol... I think I am the only person who doesn't wind up drunk at bars :slight_smile: I don't drink.. but I still live it up :slight_smile: I'm not sure how this will be. It is at a convention center and costs money to get in. It will hold 900 people. Last year 600 came.

9. leer

been to a few drag shows around the village in Manchester some are hilarious .have a friend who dresses in drag looks pretty to .

10. srslywtf

I never really understood the appeal... think I'm starting to get it though

I'd love to go to one :slight_smile: will see if I can tag along with some friends at some point

11. Stephany

For me it is purely the entertainment factor. Some of those ladies are fierce and highly entertaining. Not to mention they can do makeup like nobody's business.

Hope you manage to get to one someday. I think it should be on everyone's bucket list :slight_smile:

12. leer

one of the funniest one's was a act that was unshaven tight dress his legs and chest were hairy as hell he didn't even try to hide it

13. Stephany

The flyers show fully made up men/ladies... so I don't think there will be anyone like that, But I would def. pay to see it. But then again, my brother dressed in drag for Halloween one year and I haven't been the same since...maybe because he wore and destroyed one of my dresses.