1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

crushing on someone you know you cant have

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tiny Catastrophe, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Tiny Catastrophe

Yeah so I have a horrible crush on someone I have no chance with. Anyone else ever had that problem? Do share lol

2. RoguesWolfe

Yup been there. I had a major crush on my room mate for a year and a half. But it could never happen since she is head over heels for her boyfriend....who also lives with me. So I pretty much gave up.

3. RainyViolinist

I know I have. There was this one kid in my homeroom and math class who had an amazing personality and was pretty cute, but unfortunately he was of course straight. Even if he was gay, I doubt I would have a chance with him because I don't think I'd be his type as he was really sporty whereas I was an alpha geek :grin:

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a massive crush on a girl in my mid-twenties, but I knew that she wasn't interested in a relationship. She had other plans that did not include me.

But how convenient! Pining for an unattainable love gives good cover for not really, and really not, wanting the relationship in the first place...right?

Being in the closet plays tricks with your mind...

5. Tim

Tim

Story of my life when it comes to the crushes I've had. xD

Then again, it's also completely possible a couple have been just in my head. Lol.

6. Hrantou

Oh yeah, I have definitely been there. One guy, in high school. I wanted to be with him so bad, and it didn't help that he was a natural flirt and all around just great guy, but he was as straight as they come. It didn't end well.

But I dare say I grew from that experience, and learned a lot about myself. It may have crushed me for a few years, but I came back strong.

7. CuriousFrosty21

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    ahaha.

who hasnt been in this situation?

Ive had a crush on my best friend for a long time now. but i kno i cant have him because hes straight and his religion wont allow it. but im not worried about it because we've had a 'brotherhood' relationship for the past 4 years and its as good as its gonna get :grin:

8. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Very interesting perspective. I had one of those in my late teens to early twenties. I think it was real, at the time, based on the palpitations! Maybe even for some time later. I had a lot of resentment toward her. At the time, I wasn't cool enough, and that's what the unattainable status was based on. We met later in life, and I passed her test. However, we didn't get along. I had gone on to do different things and live in different places, while her life had remained more conventional. It was a chafing point. Also, I had experimented a bit in the intervening years, and didn't know whether it would be a good match. She was quite a bit more conservative, overall, than the way my life played itself out. So, the fact that it didn't work out was a cloud with a silver lining.

Oh, yeah, guys ... sure, some of the handsome suits you see downtown, only to glance and see a wedding band. Happens all the time. It doesn't even phase me. What can one do about it? I notice them before I notice the wedding band.

9. qwr42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Your brain is a vicious beast who craves what it cant have. When you cant touch something how much more do you desire to touch it?

Dont think about how you cant have them, think of why you dont want to. Not to be negative, but it is a simple reframe to get you by.

10. Arenmadd

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yep. Been there. Still there haha. One of my best friends, daring, sexy, multi-talented musician.... Singer in my band... Gah, he's my dream guy... but, even making a move on him would go against the band's very strict (and stupid) "bro code" :'(

11. biggayguy

I crushed on my very sexy English teacher in high school. I brought my grade up from a C to a B so that she would notice me. Did I mention she is married?:bang: She's in her sixties now.

I've also had crushes on Olympic medal winners. How unattainable is that?

#11 biggayguy, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  12. maracont

The awkward area between bible belt and large city
    Yup...
    Me and her are almost on our 5th anniversary of our unspoken"I know you're in love with me and are a bit of a stalker, but just don't talk to me and its cool" deal.
    I realize that this is a bad thing for me to do, but she's just perfect.
    The only thing keeping me from just talking to her is the above silent agreement.
    She knows I like her, everyone concerned with it does. In fact on the first day of school my friend said: "and there's your non-existent sex life" as she walked by (she couldent hear him). It was funny, but secretly soul-crushing.

I hide the fact that the whole thing really does kill me from myself and others by joking about it. I've tried to stop, and I fear one day it will become a problem...

Oh yeah and my friend. He's just really sexy, and cool..
    But he thinks I'm annoying and is probably straight.. :frowning2:

#12 maracont, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  13. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Very! But yeah, and they can run the gamut from Mark Spitz in the past to Michael Phelps in the present. When I first saw him, I thought he had this toothy, nerdy appearance that doesn't make him picture perfect. In reality, it's what makes him more attractive. Oh, yeah, and he's too young. Too young. He should look good when he's about 40 and is then a broadcaster for the sport he competed in. Doesn't it always work that way?

14. Oxelotl

Hahaha Yeah. Just on my best friend. Who's straight. Which is kinda a deal breaker. Like massive deal breaker.

15. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Of course. After a few repeats like that I got fed up with it though. I pretty much conditioned myself to admire hot straight guys without getting attached. Hopefully it won't ever happen again~

16. shyjack

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have one of those exact crushes going on right now. They're pretty poopy if you ask me. Especially when it's with a homophobic guy.

17. Jay1983

Jay1983 Guest

Yep.

My best friend.

Met him last year in our gym. We become friends and really close to each other. He asked for my permission to drive me home and then asked me to catch a movie with him. He once asked me to grab his car key from the shorts that he was wearing. He shook his pecs in his little sleeveless black t shirt and then did a little jig in front of me. And more.

Obviously, I thought he was gay and flirting with me. Silly me.

But he wasn't flirting. He is straight.

Took some time to adjust to view him only as a friend. He eventually becomes my best friend.

He still takes me out for movie and dinner. He still drives me home from our gym. Weird relationship in a way, even for best friends. Oh, he calls me Babe quite often.

I love my friend. I no longer fantasize to have him more than just a friend. I'm not going to cross the line.

18. leer

an Older boy at school we were friends he moved away when i was 14:frowning2:.
    A guy that was always on the train going to school must have been in his 30s but he was hot always struck up a conversation with him first major crush .
    A team mate on the school football team got to see him naked in the shower and everything.
    My supervisor at work lust at first sight
    an ex barman at the local pub
    been a few more but I think you get the general Idea.

19. Ohhai

Unrequited love is so painful :frowning2:

20. MJM09

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There's this one friend of mine. We're in 4 classes together at school and we sit next to each other in all of them. He's cute, and quite smart too, but straight as they come. I'm scared I'd ruin our friendship if he found out though!