1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hurtful Names

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Stephany, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Stephany

What is the most hurtful thing you've been called due to your gender/sexual orientation?

I have been called an unfit mother, fake, and a dyke in hiding.

2. RoguesWolfe

Lot's of kids used to call me hermaphrodite and sometimes freak, or they would just take my stuff.

3. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Well, wouldn't say I'm hurt by slurs personally- hate if people use them against members of my community but honestly, just goes to show that the trans/homophobic lack creativity.

But I've been called a tranny, a fag, a dyke, just to name a few.

4. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pretty much this. Most of the slurs I get are rather uncreative. It's usually garbage like shemale, dick-chick, it, thing, pedophile, fag, homo, or tranny. The only time I've heard a bigot be creative with their transphobia is when they called GRS a "penis-ectomy".

5. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I've been called a dyke, and that's usually the most common one considering my classmates still view me as a masculine female rather than a transman. Beside that, hermaphrodite, tranny, 'it'.

It's not so much the slurs that bother me but rather the treatment I've been receiving by classmates and some teachers. I've even had some of my teachers completely disregard my gender and refer to me by female pronouns, assign me in female groups, and have purposely marked down my assignments and criticise my essays and writing (specifically after I came out). All because I'm trans. :rolle:

6. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

:eek:

Melbourne doesn't have any gender protection laws in place to fight that? That's just sick, can't imagine dealing with shit like that...

7. RoguesWolfe

Ya know most of the time I'll just be sitting by myself and I'll start thinking. Sometimes my thoughts scare me, but anyways I'll start thinking about people and how they act. I mean yeah I'll watch how hurtful people can be and just wonder....is it so hard to be nice? Is it so hard to just not say anything if it's going to hurt someone? Idk...I like the world inside my head at times, you guys should come visit sometime.

8. Oddish

Oddish Guest

There is a policy, "Schools must support and respect a student’s choice to identify as their desired gender when this does not align with their biological sex." Yet, my school doesn't exactly adhere to that rule. They're subtle about it, because there's basically no proof I can bring towards any sort of correlation that my teachers are purposely marking my grades lower due to my gender identity. They could easily slide it off as "more challenging coursework" and "heavier critiquing/grading". I can't really win.

If I weren't graduating shortly, I'd likely do more about it or try and see if there was any way I could possibly support my rights but by the time I tried, and had anything in effect, it would be pointless.

9. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah... I mean, considering where I'm coming from, suppose I can't say I know what has to be done. And if you weren't the only open transgender student, it could be a different story. Least university's more open and if possible, maybe future students can help pave the way for acceptance. Just wish there was more to be done.

10. Adarya

Been called freak, dyke (even though the people that called me such don't know of my sexuality), and some other names like poser, faker, or attention-seeker because I haven't lied when asked about my sexuality, but I haven't "come-out" to everyone, either. Most of the times I ignore when I am called rude names. Sometimes it hurts though because some people think that because I haven't come out and said that I'm a lesbian the supposed facts about my sexuality are automatically untrue and a way of gaining attention.

11. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Shemale, trap and tranny are my absolute worst. I can't stand them.

12. qwr42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Im not out to a lot of people, but i do get hurt when someone calls another a f@ggot, regardless of their orientation.

13. RoguesWolfe

Ah....forgot about shemale..

14. Milhouse

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been called a freak and stuff plenty of times, but I also have neurological differences that cause me to behave oddly to begin with. I sometimes have a hard time differentiating whether I'm being picked on for my disabilities, my expression of gender/sexuality, or both, lol. I know I've heard 'fag' and 'pussy' plenty of times before, but to be honest, most guys seem to throw those words around very liberally, often in the guise of a joke. Or perhaps they don't, and I'm just noticing it because I hear it more than others, heh.

15. iHateThinking

This is one thing I always worry about, honestly - being considered an attention-seeker/faker because, well, I like girls. It's something I'm mentally paranoid about and I'm always afraid that I really am one of those kinds of people. I know I've "loved" the girls I've been with thus-far, but as an overthinker this one always bothers me.
    -----
    While I haven't exactly been a target of this kind of stuff, especially orientation (at least from what I can remember), there are two instances I can definitley recall of people calling me a "hurtful name".

For some reason, in grammar school I was called "Gizmo" by one/two girls, I guess because of my appearance (frizzy hair, glasses, pale, thin, overbite). I still don't know why they said that, and the name itself was rather stupid, but it hurt. I'd been called a whore once, and the absolute malace behind the words made me feel like garbage. I felt so bad about it I had to tell my family. Luckily, I go to a high school where having a different orientation isn't really looked down upon, so people are generally accepting of it and don't really care. But I worry that, once in the "real world", some form of hate will happen.

16. Ohhai

Lesbian :lol: my ex thought it would offend me. LOL LOL LOL.

17. Stephany

Attention Seeker/Faker is something I've been called and it drives me insane. Trust me, what I have to lose admitting who I am is not something I have taken lightly.

---------- Post added 28th Aug 2013 at 02:09 PM ----------

Okay, so now that we've laid out the hurtful words that have been thrown at us: Tell me three things that are awesome about your personality that those people are missing out on by judging you with hate (this is not to be arrogant).

For me:
    1. I am incredibly open minded...to all
    2. I like to break out in random dance whenever I am nervous/excited/or happy
    3. I love to love and be loved.