1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What type of lesbian am I?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kerrazy, Aug 28, 2013.

1. kerrazy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    People always ask me, I never really know how to answer. Help me out. I have hair that falls five inches below my shoulders. I always style it to a side bang. I wear very little make up. Foundation, concealer, neutral eye shadow, lipgloss. I wear classic jewelry pieces. Nothing too flashy. I love dresses, skirts, and heels for special events, but if it is an everyday occasion my clothing is a little more masculine. I buy all of my clothes from the women's section. They just tend to be menswear inspired. I also like my clothes very tailored. So, what lesbian would you categorize me as?

2. masseffectfan21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For fun people would categorize you as lipstick, but really just be yourself.

3. RainyViolinist

Yeah I second this. If its for fun then you would be considered a lipstick lesbian, but you really shouldn't catagorize yourself like that. Just be who you are, and if people ask, just say " I'm a(n) (insert name here) lesbian. I am myself."

4. kulele

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The lesbian kind. Categorization is dumb.

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What on earth is a lipstick lesbian

6. JessicaWolfess

I'd be categorized as a straight gay cause I don't fall into most of the gay man stereotype, but that makes no sense. How can I be straight if men turn me on and women don't? its just stupid categorizing made by stupid people who think everyone should be uniform. You can love whoever you want without having to be a certain stereotype that comes with that love

7. iHateThinking

Basically, a lipstick lesbian is a more "girly"/traditionally "female" lesbian. AKA a femme lesbian. Kind of an antithesis to "butch", or more masculine lesbians. They even have "chapstick" lesbians, which is more neutral/androgynous. Kind of like Ellen DeGeneres.

I agree with everyone else, just be whatever you want to be. In the end, it doesn't really matter. Youll get all shades of lesbians, just as you'll see all shades of gay/straight people, as SpaceMarineRob pointed out.

8. Whatever you want to label yourself really.

I label myself a FEM lesbian women.

9. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're a you lesbian. Don't bother with fitting into one of those categories; they're de-humanising and not important. You're you. You're what matters, not a label of "lipstick" or "butch"

10. eatsleepclimb

I guess people would say chapstick or maybe lipstick. But you can't really classify everyone in 3 or 4 types anyway, there are probably about 10 people in the world that completely follow all of the "butch" or "stem" or whatever stereotypes.