1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A great lecture about same-sex marriage from my English teacher.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anthonythegamer, Aug 28, 2013.

1. My English teacher likes to start off the class with a very informal and random fact. Today, my teacher's fact of the day was that same-sex marriage is legal in California since June. Everybody (including me) applauded and she went on to state her strong support for LGBT.

She instantly debunked the fact gay people will turn people gay by saying she was raised in San Francisco and gay people were almost everywhere. She said that it sucks that gay people are put to death in other countries and a married gay couple's marriage is worthless in other countries.

We even asked her questions. The most notable one was when one of my friends asked,"What would you do if your son is gay?" She was like,"I wouldn't care. As long as he invites me to his wedding. If anybody calls him that word, they would have to deal with me." Should I try coming out to her? Or would it be kinda weird?

2. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you'd like to come out to her, I think that would be a good thing to do. It never hurts to have an ally at school with you, that you can talk to for advice and such. Glad to hear one of your teachers is awesome and accepting, wish one of mine would be :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. blueberrymuffin

I mean that's great and you could obviously confide in her (or the other students it sounds like), but I'm wondering what it has to do with English...I guess it's worth one lecture if it helps someone.

4. 2112

I know California is liberal, but there had to be a couple homophobes in the class, right? Did they say anything?

5. Surprisingly no LOL