1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eye Contact...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Praetor, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Praetor

So, perhaps this just happens with me, or maybe this is something that happens with absolutely everyone, I'm not sure....

I have noticed men in a variety of locations seem to give their sexual orientation away by looking at me (or another guy) in a particular way. It's almost as if it is a sixth sense, but immediately from seeing a particular glance from a guy looking at me I can almost immediately get the impression he isn't straight. I have encountered this with multiple guys over some time now, most commonly at malls, and it seems to be something I've just been able to interpret right away.

I'm wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this phenomenon? Perhaps I am just reading into things too much, but I get the feeling that I'm not the only one who can read so much from a little eye contact. Is this part of that whole gaydar thing?

2. AsIUsedToBe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Totally! Especially when you look.at them and they look.away quickly and then look at you again. And then their eyes are just locked onto yours. Haha

3. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love long eye contact... It helps me find out if someone likes me or not. :wink:

4. Amerigo

i don't get cute guys looking at me, only the ones i wish that wouldn't.

5. Niko

When someone is looking at me for too long, it makes me feel really uncomfortable. It's like I don't know what to do. Usually I just freeze up and look in another direction, till I know they're not looking at me anymore. I really wish I wasn't like that. :eusa_doh:

6. IanGallagher

This. I don't know how it is easy to tell. But I've found this to be a part of it. With straight guys its just casual. With other guys there seems to be something more behind it, now this might not be something but just sense those dudes are gay or bi. Definitely agree with gaydar existing.

7. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yep. There's a way to make eye contact that is indifferent. Even if it's a nanosecond, a certain intensity conveys to the recipient that there is an attraction, which can either piss them off, if straight, or even if gay/bi and they don't like you, or, it can lead into a chatting up session ...

8. Ridiculous

There's definitely something different between how gay men (not sure about women) look at other guys they're attracted to. Saying with straight guys it's 'casual' I think is a perfect explanation for the difference - there's a sort of hidden intent behind how gay guys do it that just isn't there otherwise.

I do think that the look - look away - glance back thing is a pretty common factor, but someone really needs to do some research to find out exactly what is happening! I'd love to see whether straight people do it when looking at the opposite gender too.