1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(F***!) This is the email I got today:

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AwesomGaytheist, Aug 29, 2013.

1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Form my dad:

Its a good thing Mom told me to fix it instead of her trying to do it herself. I found all kinds of rubber wrappers, used rubbers, KY and an empty sex toy box ordered from Amazon underneath. I hope to God you didn't take that stuff to school. If someone finds it, you will be taunted, tormented and then shunned as some kind of weirdo (which you're not) for the rest of the time in the dorm/at (my school). So if you did bring that crap, throw that stuff out NOW. If you think high schoolers can be bad, college students are merciless and unrelenting. Trust me on this.

Well, that's a bunch more secrets that are out. I'm thinking I might just want to come out of the closet now and get it over with.

And no, I didn't bring a sex toy with me. While Brendan and I did enjoy that thing, I threw it away about a week before we left. Yes I have a box of condoms, but those are actually a very common belonging of college students.

#1 AwesomGaytheist, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  2. JessicaWolfess

wow man that sucks....but if you're folks are ok with you having sex toys at home might aswell come out to them, they don't seem like the type to throw you out

3. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's probably a better bet. Have you told your roommate(s) about it?

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My roommate is my boyfriend. (Shhhh, don't tell anyone :wink: )

5. qwr42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    well... it couldve been a lot worse...

6. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does your dad seem to genuinely care about you, or is it more for his sake that he doesn't want embarrassment?

7. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He has a very overly pessimistic view on things as well as a tendency to make huge "doomsday" type predictions about my life that have no basis.

8. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Wow. Your dad's a piece of work, man. Don't most people in college have sex toys/lube anyway? It's not exactly out of place but correct me if I'm wrong...

9. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your dad is the man. I'm not sure if he's right about college students, because I know a lot of them, and they're all very tolerant if not open-minded, yet most of them are supportive even. At least he's just trying to look out for you and entirely refrained from judgment, which speaks volumes about his character.

10. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everybody in college, and I mean everybody, male or female, L or G, B or T, straight or otherwise has condoms. Everybody.

Should I just come out and get it over with, because now they're getting really confused. It was a box that once held a fake vagina. All I'll say was we made a mutual decision to buy that a few months ago and then pitched it when we moved away, for that very reason. That and it was a bitch to keep clean.

---------- Post added 30th Aug 2013 at 12:18 AM ----------

Yet this is the man who has damaged me more than anybody else who's come into my life.

11. monotone

Why can't you tell anyone?

Also, Kalamazoo is such an awesome placename.

12. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In this era, I think it's more common than not that guys would have condoms.

Sex toy...well, I suppose it depends on the toy. A plastic penis might be just a little awkward if discovered.

There are ways, though, of making sure that this stuff will never turn up.

13. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know if the university frowns upon that sort of thing, roommates being in romantic relationships and moving in together, but just to be safe, we're not telling anyone outright for now. (not that most people on our floor haven't already figured it out for themselves.)

And for you, Monotone:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalamazoo,_MI

14. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not necessarily. When I was your age, I had exactly zero condoms to my name. But...I had zero need, too.

I'd be inclined to say nothing. Keep 'em guessing. But then I have that evil streak.:badgrin:

15. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Now I'm dreading Thanksgiving when I do come home, and I'm thinking that even though I'm scared to the point where I'm shaking and taking deep breaths over this that maybe I should sit down and write a coming out letter, which I'll post for your revision eventually. It's late here so I need to get to bed, but I'll probably get it done tomorrow sometime.

16. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it's best to stay quiet just in case.

Policy or no policy, it's quite possibly something that Student Life would not approve of.

My old college does specifically ban your situation, but they probably are a little on the conservative side vs. a state school. (Most dorms are co-ed, but the actual wings with the rooms are single sex, and there are still rules prohibiting visitation at night.)

17. coreyl13

How lucky of you to have your bf as your roomate. Ussually people wait until after hs to come out so your in the right age. I came out at 23 wish I would have done that waaaaaay sooner.

Kzoo > me too.

18. 2112

It's close to where I live. I haven't been there in a while, but if it's anything like my city it's probably not that awesome. But Grand Haven isn't far either and that's a cool place. Most of Michigan is pretty boring except the UP, where the bears live (both kinds :icon_wink).

19. twink182

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think your dad's reaction is quite out-of-step with the times. None of what he found would surprise or disgust anyone on this part of the continent. As for coming out, only you can know when the time is right. It does sound like now is as good a time as any. On the other hand, I'm the type who would leave the letter for them when I returned to the dorm after Thanksgiving (if you can wait that long). That way you could be sure to make your points with a positive and confident tone and possibly avoid any dramatics.

Though I certainly don't want to encourage anyone to dismiss or disrespect their parents, I think I personally was only able to accept myself and come out to my own parents after I realized how wrong they are on a whole range of issues. Though your situation seems quite different from mine, I think a healthy amount of contempt made the process easier for me.

20. srslywtf

yeah your dad is showing his age there..

very few people besides total homophobes will give the slightest fuck even if they did find it. Sure they might make a bit of a joke about it in a fun way, but yeah... :lol:

Nothing to worry about from that perspective :slight_smile:

One thing I will say though is ewww used condoms :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Mind you my mum found one in my room once. I totally forgot about it being there so I can understand.