1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think of Haters

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FreeFlow9917, Aug 30, 2013.

1. FreeFlow9917

What do you guys think of people that hate you or hate others.
    Like Hollywood Undead "Fuck all haters I see, 'cause i hate that you breathe, I see you duck, you little punk, you little fucking disease!"
    H: Having
    A: Anger
    T: Towards
    E: Everyone
    R: Reaching
    S: Success

2. Exstatic

From my experience, most of the haters are created due to:

1) Insecurity
    2) Jealousy
    3) Denial / Disgust

Most of the time, I ignore them but there are a couple of haters that I need to protect myself or my friends from their attacks.

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I think this ecard sums up my opinion on the idea of "haters" best:

[​IMG]

4. Stephany

^this^ is great.

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't like using the word "haters" because it is snap-judging anybody who opposes you in some way. It's an attempt to justify a closed-mind attitude and even encourages it because you get to shut out adversity.

I get that it's important to persist towards achieving your goals, but there is always someone wiser or with a different perspective to whom you'd benefit by listening. Justin Bieber, I'm talking to you. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haters gonna hate. Just got to brush off what they say to you and keep on trucking. :slight_smile:

7. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It takes one to know one?

8. twink182

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It isn't clear if you mean the haters we all encounter on the internet or the ones we encounter in real life. I don't encounter too many haters in real life. However this could have something to do with the fact that, where I live, people really don't interact much with people they don't know.

Now, as for haters on the internet, I try not to let them get to me but I often fail. Comment boards on YouTube and elsewhere are filled with them. I try not to respond but I am always reminded that many different types of people view the comments of others, even if they don't comment themselves. I often cannot resist the urge to correct the lies and misinformation that is presented about LGBT and a wide range of other issues.

Also, some comment boards allow voting on comments. This can give the impression that a particular viewpoint or attitude is widely held (though often it is simply a reflection of the readership). It may be just a coincidence but I noticed recently that the website for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation stopped displaying the "most commented" news stories. I found, a few weeks ago when a number stories about LGBT issues (mostly Russia) had been reported that these stories were receiving very high comment rankings (mostly homophobic). I found this surprising considering this website usually attracts quite a liberal audience. I don't think the comments and their large vote tallies were reflective of the audience as a whole or of Canadian society in general. However, I do believe the anti-gay forces are becoming very focused and vocal. It may just be me being hyper-sensitive but I got the feeling that someone at the CBC felt the way I did and had the "most commented" rankings removed.

9. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You won the thread with that post! :thumbsup:

10. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I personally feel sorry for people who would spend their time watching what you are doing, come talk to you even if they don't like you just to insult you and leave, spend their time spreading rumors and giving you so much attention, I mean come on man get a life already :/
    BUT there are always some skilled ones that always manage to ruin your day and make you angry as hell!

11. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

As someone who hopes to become a writer- I imagine if I'm ever lucky enough to have a fanbase, I'll garner a few critics here and there. What's life without a few people to shove you off your ego built throne? Too much blind praise and you're a slug- a little criticism and you've got the push. I'm afraid I don't have the skin of a rhino but I'm somewhat fond of my critics.

12. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't think about them, they're not worth my time :slight_smile:

13. Hexagon

Everyone hates. It just feels different when its turned towards you. Generally speaking, if someone doesn't like me, I do something that interests me.

14. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haters will hate, while the rest of us have great sex.

15. Emulator

Even if they hate...at least they care enough to hate, or they wouldn't bother at all :wink:

16. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Come on, we've all said "Damn, I hate that person," referring to a real a-hole at some point in our lives.

17. FreeFlow9917

Just hating in general due to ignorance, like the youtube comments on things they percieve as gay, or someone doesn't like you and is a bully.

18. Aussir

Haters?

If someone doesn't like me, tough... it's their problem to deal with. I wasn't born to go around pleasing everyone and their mothers. :dry:

19. MerBear

im sorry but i don't like term "haters" ..the whole thing is just stupid.

This 13 year old who got pregnant was telling people who were saying to be careful that they were "haters" and its like please, shut the hell up.

but to answer your question, meh....I'm one of those people but i get hated on a lot ...I can see why. I am very critical of myself so when someone criticizes my poetry or anything, i get really self conscious and try to change everything around to make it perfect.

yes, im stupid for that. i know -_-

20. Hrantou

All of us have hated on someone at one point in our lives, and probably multiple times. Its just a part of being human. We hate other people. Its why our world has a lot of problems, especially when a lot of those haters get in groups.

As for me, I've hated on people that hate on me. For being gay, for being over-weight, for being a little...erm...crazy :dry: But these days I brush it off as best I can. But if someone crosses me, then yeah, I'm gonna hate on you.

Just my honest 2c. :slight_smile: