1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant:The annoying moment when your parents criticize your friends...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Straight ally, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    i hate when my father criticize a close friend of mine, well ok, you can criticize, but there are ways and moments and quantities and frequencies of doing it, otherwise they make you feel like you have a bad selection of friends.

Lately it has been about a female friend of mine, who is pretty weird, kind of gothic-otaku-newyorkian-animator, among other things... Well she visited me by december, and well, my father was obviously there ( i live with my family) ,and so after that day he added her on FB(when i saw that he added i saw hell and demons, i knew she is the kind of person my father thinks judgeamentally of). To make things worst my father is over protective wether is my sister or me, so the fact that my friend is female and i male means he is gioing to psychoanalize her throught facebook, he was going to be overanalytical, paranoid...all that, cause she is a female therefore a "potential threat to his son".

Funny stuff is that i wont date her, first because she is the ex of my best male friend(and they had a terrible break up), second because i know her issues, also i live at Dominican Republic she at US long distance relationships are not my cup of tea...also there is a spark missing, i dont want her as the motherof my childs, in any case i prefer her as the funny hilarious aunt... But still, my dad doesnt see that, and i cannot just tell him im not dating her as he havent confronted me directly about it, i just know his assumptions cause i know him.

And yes, she has many flaws and issues , i dont know what she haves but im sure she has some mental ilness, or at least she haves a stigma, i mean some aura of "things have been hard for me" "around her, like its obvious she isnt having a great time on something, but... I dont like how my father criticize her. Ironically, now that i think of it, my father has the same aura of trouble that she haves, the same stigma-feeling...so... Maybe he shouldnt be criticizing her...

Sorry cor the long rant

2. ScatteredEarth

My mother does the same thing, but I always smirk at her when she starts to bring it up as if to say "Oh... You're half right.. Try re-phrasing that question with the boy 3 doors down and you're half right again :wink:"

3. Pocky

Call your Dad a dirty old perv for adding her on FB :lol:

4. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Haha no, he didnt add her for THAT purpouse... But i could call him a stalker for stalking me and my friends on FB :lol: