1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it just me or are many of the straights whiney?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by darkestknight, May 21, 2008.

1. darkestknight

Okay...

Maybe it's me. Or maybe it's not. Whatever!

There's a local forum in my place where they can talk about computer games, computer stuff and other random stuff like chit-chat and general discussion.

But there's one place I got all my comedies from! It's called something like "Love and Relationship Corner".

Basically, there are many posts, many many posts, uncountable amount of posts about fixing relationship, mending ties and even sex. (i'm not kidding here!!)

When I read these posts, many of these people who post these messages (they are straight since they have their boy-girl relationships) are in a very whiney manner, and on occasions, childish. I don't know how to explain it further, but these people are also usually homophobic and heterosexist chauvinists, on the other hand they look down on LGBT people, while they themselves not treating their partners well.

I then checked the EC's sister site (well it's a boys' site, you all know right?, not sure must i mention the site or not, drop me a PM if you think it is inappopriate!) and I checked the "relationship" corner and I found a vast difference in the posting manner. I don't see much of a whiney stuff there instead. Childish posts? Maybe a little bit.

Is it just me, or many heterosexual (or chauvinists) are generally whiney and childish people when in terms of relationship? :roflmao:

And it seems that the LGBT guys/girls are gentle towards other people, as seen in the EC. I can't guarantee the same gentle-ness from the straights.

p.s: ok, i'm only half-straight. i don't know whether i consider myself a straight or not! :grin:

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

It makes sense, I think. Since society condones heterosexual relationships, heteros will go into relationships willy-nilly, when they aren't ready for one, and tiny squabbles arise. On the other hand, since society does not condone gay relationships, not only do we have to think about going into a relationship before we do it, but we also have a common struggle that gives us something in common and something to bond over.

3. darkestknight

Haha...

I found many weird posts like this in my said local forum:

"Oh my god!! I #$%@ my girl and afraid she's pregnant!!"

"How can I win her back, I did chase after another one just now!!"

"What the hell is with me, I don't get any girls!!"

"I'm okay with lesbian but not gay" (I hated this one, feel like gutting these male heterosexist assholes, lolzers!!)

"I like a cute Japanese girl and I always masturbate every day"

uhh the list goes on...

Meanwhile, I don't see these weird postings at any of the gay sites. Trust me, I've seen it already. :roflmao:

4. Stargate

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Maybe because theres less of us, I think were more likely to overlook our differences and get along. Now dont get me wrong, my pet peeve is when people assume that all gay poeple must like each other cause they're gay. Were all different and we all like people for reasons other than their orienatation. But I think at least in the LGBT community theirs more of a feeling that we have to stick together.(&&&)

5. Beebo

I'm not sure, but maybe, because GLBT people have dealt with discrimination and alienation, even if it's in an indirect way, so personally, they have become more sensitive to others, and less selfish. I think that in a relationship or in a person's personality, these traits are very significant signs of maturity.

Maybe because of this, we have much more mature relationships. Maybe thats why we don't find ourselves whining about the little things that straight people, who have never been alienated in the same way for their sexuality, have yet to learn about.

I think healthy relationships are a sign of maturity. but what do I know.

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well I think being GLBT causes you guys to grow up alot faster while generally the straight population that are your age are pretty immature. Know what I mean? You have to deal with alot more shit.

7. sexyalex

You speak it sister!

:astonished:it's just what i had in mind sorry....

8. Alex

They are not as mature because they do no matter what people say or not, have it easier while growing up..

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Having offered advice to straights and gays alike, my basic feeling is that there's no real difference other than what gets whined about.

The main straight female complaint - "He's pushing me too fast."
    The main straight male complaint - "No girl wants me."
    The main gay complaint - "I'm in love with someone but I don't know if s/he's gay."

Lex

10. darkestknight

Wow... that's a good one! We have to deal with more shit!! :grin:

Knowing that I'm B group, suddenly, I'm becoming more considerate and more gentle. hehe! :grin:

11. Alexander

Being GLBT or straight is a two-way street - you can use it to grow and mature, or fuel your immaturity further. I know a lot of straight teens that are shallow and empty-headed, but then again, I know a lot of straight teens that have definite focus and integrity in their personalities and lives. It's a completely variable thing.

I'm sure we notice the shallow people for the same reason we notice homophobes or critics: they're extraordinarily loud and outspoken.

Everyone has made lots of good points so far in this thread! :slight_smile:

12. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well some straight kids have to deal with shit too....I don't meant to sound biased. :grin:

13. ccdd

ccdd Guest

True!!

And I also have to say in defence of the straight world that I still haven't got over the "OMG I'm gay" whining with my friends: I think that they will be very glad when I move on to the more mainstream whining you get when you get anywhere near, or in, a relationship...

I think that in any case most people have an amount of whining that they will do whatever, and a certain amount that they will always be worried about, and they will always find something to fill it...

14. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

And how. (*hug*)

15. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

nah, everyone is equally whiney.

16. darkestknight

You haven't seen one thing yet - many straights are actually AFRAID of not only homosexuals or LGBT, but also AFRAID of being one of them!!

There are many stories about a straight being hinted by a gay/lesbian person, and the straight reacted so badly that even he/she might threaten the person. And worse, they afraid that they are one of them when people tell them they are hot or beautiful...lol! :grin: