1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell if a guy is gay.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nar1207, Sep 1, 2013.

1. nar1207

Ok so I tend to have alot of very very cute guy friends and I just wanted to know if you guys know anything. like how yall figure it out

2. person57

If they tell you their gay then their gay. if they don't tell you they're either straight or there not ready to come out of the closet. I don't think there's any other way to tell if a guy is gay

3. Data

Data Guest

The surest way is the eyes. A guy who checks out guys is usually gay. Watch my eyes in public and you'll soon notice I turn my head to check out cute guys, and I'll look past girls to see the guy behind her.

Other then that (and the eyes still aren't 100%) you just need them to come out. If someone says they're straught, respect that. Even if they're closeted, for that time period they're off limits.

If they come out, feel free to flirt.

4. biggayguy

If you flirt with them and they beat you up; then they are probably in denial. :wink: :grin:

Seriously though, how are they dressed? Do they use a lot of mannerisms? Do they wink at you? Do they wear any rainbows? Are they very well groomed? What are their hobbies? There are just a lot of little things that might mean a guy is gay. Just be careful of "wishful thinking." Sometimes you want a guy to be gay so badly that you see things that aren't there.

5. DesertTortoise

"If you flirt with them and they beat you up; then they are probably in denial. "

Ha!... it's not funny, but. Happened to me. Took almost 60 years to get over it and come out! So yeah... figuring this shit out does matter.

6. Data

Data Guest

I'd be real careful about stuff like this. My crush is straight, but he acts like more of a gay then I do! Seriously, he's got me CONFUSED. As long as he says he is straight though, hands off.

Wishful thinking will play tricks with your mind.

7. biggayguy

I do apologize. I shouldn't have said that. I actually did that when I was a teenager to cover my gay feelings toward a boy.:icon_redf:bang:

8. GingerGuy

Yesterday, a guy replied to my "I like you" button on [hookup app]. We added each other in a social network, and I t

---------- Post added 1st Sep 2013 at 08:28 PM ----------

Took a look at his pictures. Aside from having a girlish face, he doesn't look gay at all, did not seem to be stereotyped, and is majoring at engineering. Guess what? You will never know another gay is guy... Unless he smiles back at you and says you are hot.

#8 GingerGuy, Sep 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2013
  9. Night

Night Guest

The only proven way:

Ask him.

*GASP*

10. SecretlyASloth

From a guy who is literally in your situation:
    The whole *gaydar* thing tends to be B.S.
    If you want to really know, I've heard that you have to watch their eyes and their attention in public. At our age we start to notice certain people in a more sexual way. If you catch them glancing at guys a lot then there's a chance. TBH don't know how credible this method it though -_-

My opinion: probably not going to be an easy thing to do. Keep in mind that us guys who do know we're gay/bi at 14, have figured it out earlier than some others do. They may not even realize it yet.

11. Menaki-Neko

Fargo North Dakota, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    This is about to sound really weird, but try telling him a gay joke. Most closet guys tend to either think that it's the funniest thing in the world or are extremely uncomfortable with it. But remember to not go with that alone.

Here's an extra video to help:

[YOUTUBE]KVMCfIfakJQ[/YOUTUBE]

#11 Menaki-Neko, Sep 1, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  12. I usually go the confrontational way by directly asking them. Gets a bit awkward, but it works. However, I think it only works in a liberal environment.

13. Californiacoast

In highschool I had a ton of very cute guy friends that were very sweet southern gentleman. They were very affectionate and we spent the night together, often in the same bed. This was a time of discovery. I think it was often dificult to tell at that age who was gay. The only way I knew was when a couple of the guys wanted to experiment with back rubs or rubbing on each other. The more comfortable they were with that, I got the message that they were at least gay questioning and we explored our sexuality. Some of those guys are now married, how happily, I have no idea. I really don't know of a foolproof way to know if a guy is gay or not, but asking good questions will draw out the truth in many cases!