1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pride Tattoos

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cap’nSerious, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going get the bisexual symbol tattooed on my leg in a week or two. Was wondering if anyone had any pride tattoos? Kinda nervous how much it will hurt though.

2. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No pride tats but do have others.

Leg isn't too bad if its your first tat it will hurt at first but the pain dulls pretty quickly.

Now if you ment ankle I've herd thats a whole new ball game (don't have one there so cannot give personal accout)

3. Secretman

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't be able to choose a tattoo if it cost me my life. Something that permanent? Waaaaaay to big a choice for me.

4. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First tat: Graduated college got a tribal on left bicept that means 'Where I go God Goes With Me"
    Second tat: After 9/11 got tat of American flag on right bicept
    Third tat: Daughters name right Calf
    Fourth tat: To be decided later but betting it's on my left

WARNING: IF YOU GET ONE TAT THERE IS A HUGE CHANCE YOU WILL WANT ONE IN THE SAME PLACE ON THE OTHER SIDE FOR "BALLANCE"

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Redneck speaks truth! My first and only tattoo I got 5 years ago takes up my whole left forearm (or the front anyway) and I've been dying to get the right one done ever since!

6. Ohhai

:lol: That is so true! I've got a tattoo on each wrist, and a tattoo on each side/ribs :slight_smile: Balance is the key.

7. Feijoa

Arguably, looking for 'balance' is just an excuse to get more ink!

:wink:

8. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    like you need an excuse :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Also on the subject of it hurting it seems to vary person to person. I thought it felt like being scratched a bit (in truth I quite liked it!) but I know others who thought it was horrible

9. SmokeandMirrors

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm getting mine soon. Been working on the design using the gay pride colours. Can't wait!

10. Hell no LOL, I wouldn't never get a tattoo that had anything to do with sexuality

11. Stephany

It doesn't hurt that bad....we'll it didn't for me. It felt like a sun burn or a snapped rubber band. So not comfortable, but not awful.

I think a simple pride tattoo like the one you are talking about is nice... half the world probably won't know what it means. I personally am planning to get the Gender Blind purple circle at some point... doubt anyone would even get it. But my tattoos are more for me than the world anyway.

Share a pic when you get it! I'm a huge fan of body art.

12. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like body art when it actually means something not just it looks cool.

I would also assume a lot of people wouldn't know what it meant but Im always wearing a bi pride and a rainbow bracelet so I think a lot people would guess it was something to do with LGBT.

Will post pictures afterwards :slight_smile:

13. justjade

You know, I've seen tattoos that I've liked on people and asked them what it meant. Then I get a response like, "Durrr, I dunno. Just looks cool, I guess," or, "Just wanted a tat to look badass, so I got this one." I hate it when people do that. Tattoos can make you look smart or stupid. If you have a tattoo that means something, especially something that's personal to the individual, makes you look smart. Having a tattoo just because it looks cool or because tattoos are a "novelty", well....otherwise.

---------- Post added 2nd Sep 2013 at 01:25 PM ----------

I thought about getting trans pride flag tattooed somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

14. i wouldnt get anything to do with my sexuality only because to me its not that big of a deal for me to get it permanently on me. i do want sooo many though!

most will be lyrics and movie quotes as those 2 things are basically my life. when i get them though, they all mean something to me i dont just want random lyrics on me ha, im prob gunna be a walking book, im gunna need a few images somewhere i dont wanna be all words i just dont know what images yet though apart from a bulbasaur and i wanted stephen king somwhere but i dont know how much i can trust getting a portrait :|

cant say i know anyone who has a pride tattoo either... but if you want it go for it

15. rose94

I have a tattoo on my left wrist and I want one so badly on my right, to even things out! The one I have currently says 'love', which has taken on a whole new meaning for me this past year since I had it. Am wondering whether to get an '=' sign on the other wrist.

16. Lipstick Leuger

My first one was a pride tatt. I have three total however.

It is on my lower back of a black upsidedown triangle, with Celtic knot work. It symbolizes the black triangles that Nazis used to make Lesbians and women who would not conform to societal standards.

Bring earbuds and an IPod, the sound of the needle gun can make some people really freaked out. Fear makes it hurt more, so relax. Eat a good meal first and drink lots of water, stay hydrated. It really is not too bad, I recently sat 2 hours to get my foot done in Cherry Blossoms and I was suprised how little it stung(feet are notorious for hurting I guess). You can always ask for a break if you need one also.

17. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I completely agree. When I get mine I probably will get pretty emotional about it. My sexuality is very important to me. Its big part who I am and I wouldn't change it if it was even possible.

18. Naomilly92

If I were ever to get a tattoo, it would be a gay pride one. But I have my gay pride wristband anyway, which I wear all the time

19. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

I really do learn something new every day. No wonder I've been so off balance for so long! The first was a valentine's day gift to my husband, I think the second will be a gift to myself the day the divorce is final!