1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you know that they were "the one"?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Estragon84, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Estragon84

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm curious... I know the answer will vary from person to person, but I wanna know. How did you know that the person you were seeing was "the one"?

2. WorldsCollided

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know this will sound sooooooooo lame but..... you just know. The way they act, think, laugh, smile just make you think "This is it!".That's the only way I can describe it really.

3. I hold a not very popular opinion on this.

I don't think there is a 'the one' for everyone. I think there are many possible choices in life partners we could make and some will be better than others, but no one is 'perfect for' anyone.

However, I do know that I want to spend my life with my current partner and there are a lot of reasons why I want to be with her. Our life goals are compatible. We teach each other a lot of things and like to learn together. I feel safe. We communicate well even when its hard. Disagreements rarely turn into full blown fights because we can just figure it out. Neither of us want children. We hold a lot of the same political, ethical and religious values. We can spend time apart and together and still be just fine.

That doesn't sound the most romantic, I know. But sharing that much of myself requires me to know what I'm getting into. I have been in love before. Love is easy to fall into, even with people who are looking for different things than you are.

4. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wasn´t even seeing him. My mom asked him to sit with us when when we (my parents and I) were on holiday. Within seconds we knew we were "the one" for eachother. That was in november last year. He´s living in since december. The relationship changed after his coma, cause he is well, more childlike now, but I still love him to bits.