1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is life cyclical?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GingerGuy, Sep 4, 2013.

1. GingerGuy

This is a summary of my life in the last couple of years:

2011: I was a lonely kid living a country that wasnt my own. I had no real friends in there, only acquaintances at best, and I knew people were mean to me behind my back. I was the weird kid who couldnt hold a proper conversation, and a mediocre student even though I did easy classes. At home, things werent any better. My father was unhappy with his job, and wanted to move back to Brazil. He inflicted his frustrations upon us, being angry and violent very often and punishing me for silly mistakes. My mother had little time for me and my brother, and we rarely saw each other anyway, because I was always at school or locked inside my bedroom most of the time, listening to music and alienated towards the world. Some good things happened in that year, but they were few and far between.

2012: Suddenly, things started to change. I realised I was gay the previous year, and began my coming out process to a friend I made. She also told me she was transgender, which greatly expanded my horizons. I got into a LGBT alliance at school, began talking to people who werent also very popular but were nice to me, and in months I came out to everyone I considered a friend. I got more confident in myself, sung beautifully in choir during a trip to Germany, and met the best openly gay teacher one could have. In July, it was announced that my family would move back to Brazil, and although I was sad to leave the friends I had made recently, I was also happy to go. Before, however, I went to a trip to Malaga to study Spanish, and it was one of the best times of my life: I met beautiful and wonderful people, got more drunk than ever before, and kissed another boy for the first time. I was sad to come back. When I went back to Brazil, there was a lot of things to study, but I worked hard enough and managed to have good grades, even if I started by the middle of the school year. I came into contact with old friends and made many new ones, going to several partiies by the end of the year and coming out to even more people.

2. rjrh20

Congratulations on all of the coming out!!!