1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lets talk about Sex.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AsIUsedToBe, Sep 4, 2013.

1. AsIUsedToBe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay something has been bothering me lately. I have people message me on a popular social media website, well everyone just messages me these nasty things. They tell me they want to see my ''appendage'' all these gross things.
    Okay, i attach all these emotional feelings forwards making love it's more than ''just sex'' to me. Yes i'm a virgin, and yes by choice. I'm waiting and making sure whoever I do it with is someone I love, someone I care about. I know all they want is just pictures (i'm about to use an oxymoron everyone hates ) but.its the,same difference to me.

No one ever just wants to say hi and have a casual talk it's just sex, sex, sex.
    I feel like no one thinks about love this way anymore and it's kind of upsetting.

:bang:

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

I'm going to wager that the "popular social media site" is a gay site. If so... that's your problem. It's not you in particular, it's the nature of those sites. Even the ones that were set up to be genuine social media sites (there used to be one that advertised "Like Myspace, only gay") quickly turned into hookup sites with a bazillion pictures of penises everywhere.

In short, the sad thing is that many gay men (and, it seems, nearly all who participate in these gay social media sites) are incapable of having respectful, non-sexual interactions with other gay men.

EC is honestly about the only place I've run into where people can share stories, talk about their issues, and not have to worry about being hit on. Your best bet, unless you're looking for hookups, is just to avoid the other sites.

3. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Oh my, not sure what "popular social media website" you mean, but I know it can be frustrating trying to find friendships or real relationships when it seems like all gay guys care about is sex...:confused:

I really wish there were a site that was geared toward helping gay guys find real relationships or friendships...there has to be a middle ground somewhere between hookup apps that are all about hooking up for quick sex, and a site like EC where forming any sort of relationship with another poster is actively discouraged. Are gay guys really so universally horny, that unless you expressly forbid any personal relationship talk, sex will be the only thing anyone wants to talk about with anyone?

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Well, no, but the problem is a bit more complicated than that.

For many people they only enter LGBT themed anything because they are interested in scratching an itch. They already have friends, they already have other events they want to go to, and they already have their support. The only thing they are missing is sex...so that why they go there.

The other side of the coin is that a lot of other people only join LGBT groups and sites in order to get a date or relationship. Do you know how annoying that is? Its just as annoying as someone who only talks about sex. If you are only involved in anything LGBT just because you want a relationship, then, sadly, you are also part of the "problem" that you are complaining about.

Go out there and find your thing. I can almost guarantee you that there is a group out there delivering what you want. Some are just harder to find. And if you don't find one then get one going!!