1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things in life you're happy for.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cassindra Starlight, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Let's post the things that make our lives happy, or at least bearable. It's a nice way to put our problems into perspective.

I'm happy that my direct family doesn't have any problems with LGBT people.

I'm happy I live in an area of California where my sexual orientation and gender identity doesn't pose a constant problem.

I'm happy that, despite my lack of California residency, the state waived non-resident college tuition and gave me enough financial aid that, when combined with my federal financial aid, won't leave me in massive debt after I get my degree.

I'm happy that, when I went to Job Corps, I went to one of the best centers (Trapper Creek), not one of the frightening ones.

I'm happy that my college (De Anza) is one of the best community colleges around.

I'm happy that University of California Santa Cruz offers the right college major program for me, and says that I'll probably get in if I maintain at least a 3.3 GPA at De Anza and take all the classes they told me to take.

I'm happy that the grocery store that's a five minute walk from where I live carries a good selection of craft beers and any brand of spirit I could want at reasonable prices.

I'm glad De Anza gives out bus and light rail passes for $5 to full time students, because I use mine all the time.

I'm glad the local library is only a ten minute walk from my house, and part of a district (Santa Clara County Library District) with a high book budget.

I'm glad that the gigantic library district in my hometown (San Jose Public Library District) gave me a free library card even though I live in Los Altos and not San Jose. Most library districts where I live charge about $100 a year for a library card if you don't live in the district. San Jose is the only one I've found that doesn't. I like the district I live in for interlibrary loan, finding new and shiny books, and getting DVDs, but for browsing the shelves for books San Jose's MLK library is unmatched.

I'm glad I have a work study position at my college as a librarian.

2. RoguesWolfe

I'm glad I still have friends...and that they haven't kicked me out for anything. Yeah that's about it for now.

3. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

-I live in a state and community that's generally accepting of LGBT people and so far, have not had to personally deal with any transphobia.

- I'll be able to live as male on campus and have had no trouble recieving the proper accomodations

- Supportive friends, many who I met through coming out

- Family who, while unsure how they'll take news, have thus far been supportive and loving, if not free from dysfunction

- Relatively good health. Physically.

- Coffee exists.

- Along with that, so does internet

- Basic needs are met, never have to worry about where a meal's coming from

- Financial aid covers my tuition and I can recieve an education, which I'd been panicking about having to forgo for years

4. Ohhai

I'm happy that I have an awesome son.
    I'm happy that the university of Nottingham is open and accepting, so whe it's the time to come out, I'll be okay.

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have excellent friends both offline and online
    I found this forum!
    I have my mandolin

6. kem

kem

Well I'm happy that I have a loving family. I do fear what will happen when I finally come out to dad, but I know he loves me dearly.

I'm happy that I have the friends I have. They are there for me when I'm having troubles, and I try my best to be there for them when they need me. I love them and they are very important to me and I couldn't imagine what kind of a person I would be without their influence.

I'm happy that there is so much good food in the world. I'm happy that fruit taste good, I'm glad beans are awesome. And thank God for Seitan! I love food and I love to cook.

I'm happy that I have a healthy body, or at least close to healthy. I'm happy that my brain is fine, despite the occasional mental struggle and irrational phobia/paranoia.

I'm happy that I have found art as an outlet of expression. I haven't drawn or painted recently, but once I start school I'll be doing it a lot.

I'm happy to have met him. Although we separated a year or so ago and it caused me a lot of pain for a long time, it was he who he made me. He gave me confidence, he allowed and encouraged me to be, well, me. He introduced me to music I'd never known, through him I tried things I didn't think I would've tried otherwise.

7. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That I have my mind, books, video games, Doctor Who and anime. :slight_smile:

8. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm happy that I have three healthy, intelligent, talented and beautiful children.

I'm happy that I am still young enough to change my life around for the better.

I'm happy that I have my best friend.

I'm happy that I live in a peaceful, prosperous and beautiful country that accepts gay marriage.

I'm happy that I have a great job and the best supervisor ever.

I'm happy that I am making new friends in the gay community.

I'm happy that I still have my health and a wealth of knowledge and experience to draw on when needed.

I'm happy that I have a supporting family when times are tough.

9. LigLog

Aw Greatwhale that's a lovely list :slight_smile: Makes me want to well up.

I'm happy I have the intelligence to get by in spite of my being an abuse survivor and not having a psychotherapist.

I'm happy I can hear as I love music. I'm happy I can see.

I'm happy I can feel

I'm happy I have all my faculties.

I'm happy I have two lovely close friends.

I'm happy I have a roof over my head.

I'm happy that I don't have to come out to anyone mean, difficult or homophobic.

10. BooksJeansTea

I'm happy that I have a sweet, loving, and happy child.

I'm happy that working hard actually gets you somewhere and I really like the direction my life is going.

I'm happy that I've found this forum because it really helped me accept things as they are and to be okay with it.

I'm happy that I got the group of kids that I did and that they are all such wonderful students and people.

I'm happy that I'm alive and never accomplished what I set out to do a few years ago because I would have never experienced self-acceptance and peace. That feeling is so worth the wait.

I'm happy that this cup of tea is so delicious.

I'm happy that ghiradelli makes brownie mix. I will be making a batch later.

I'm happy that toddlers CAN learn to pick up their own toys :: happy dance ::.

#10 BooksJeansTea, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  11. TheMailman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    -I'm happy that people in my area are very accepting of LGBT people.

-That my parents made me read a lot when I was younger, giving me an affinity for books.

-That Terry Pratchet wrote so many excellent books.

-I'm glad I recently uncovered the joys of Star Trek.

-That I'm gay, honestly. I've been so much happier ever since I came out to myself.

12. LigLog

Oh I'm also happy that Harry Potter book exist.

13. pippi

I'm happy that I woke up this morning!

I'm happy that the Yosemite fire is even more contained.

I'm happy that coffee was invented!

I'm happy to have found this site. It helps me accept that it's okay to be who I am.

I'm happy Hostess products are back on the shelf!

I'm happy that I remember I have so many blessings, even when things seem so rough and hopeless at times.

I'm happy that the weather is going to cool off soon!!!

I'm happy and thankful for today and for all of you!

#13 pippi, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  14. Hrantou

-I'm happy that I have great friends. As much as my family doesn't like me, and sometimes I can feel alone, my friends ARE my family. They love me. They won't abandon me, and I won't abandon them. I have a family, and its them.

-I'm happy for EC. Without this site, I would be so much more lost. EC is my online home.

-I'm happy for music, for without it my life would be very dull.

There's more, those just come to my mind. :grin:

15. Naomilly92

My amazing friends, no idea where I would be without them, dread to think, to be honest, they are my world. I'm also grateful for my job, it's only a part time job, while I'm at University, a bit of pocket money, so I can pay for my phone and tablet, and go out with my friends. My bike, I would be lost without it, I cycle literally everywhere, it's second nature, I hardly ever walk places these days, and also my train pass, I can get any train in the county, I get the train every day, so if I didn't have my pass, I wouldn't be able to go to work or University, or anywhere really

16. Tic Code

I'm glad I am able to embrace my Tourette's and function in spite of it, for I know there are those out there whose Tourette's caused extreme social distress and physical self-harm. I am glad it is mild and part of who I am.

I am glad I am able to cope with my OCD. It does not disable me, and though it may cause me anxiety, I know it could be much worse.

I am glad I have two wonderful accepting parents who love and support me regardless of my orientation. I am glad I have two sisters with similar views and attitudes even though I haven't come out to them yet.

I am glad I can enjoy and express myself through music. It makes life infinitely richer and purposeful.

I am happy that I am finally getting an idea of what I want to do with my life and how I can help people doing it.

I am happy I have many fun, endearing, and accepting friends. Even if not all of them would understand my orientation right away, I have friends that will, and I believe the others will come to treat me still as their friend.

I am glad I go to a school where I have as many opportunities as I do. It has been vital in my growing as a person.

I am glad I have found a love of exercise and feel the drive to sustain my physical health for as long as possible. I am glad I am physically and mentally sound, for the most part.

I am glad my parents, peers, and teachers push me to be the best version of myself I can be.

I am grateful for the soul God gave me; without it, I would not be determined, curious, loving, or have any of the aspects of my person that I do now. I am glad he made me who I am.

17. Stephany

I am happy I have been blessed with children

I am happy that even though my husband and I are walking a fine line of possible destruction of our marriage...that he still tells me I'm beautiful

18. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm happy that I have two affectionate cats that miss me when I'm not at home.

And I'm happy that I have copious amounts of tea.

19. RoguesWolfe

I'm happy I have friends who care, and that my mom understands me.

20. Pocky

I'm happy that I pushed myself at the gym today. I'm also happy that I lost 5cm from my waist and am down on body fat in all areas (Well, I lie, all except abdomen which hasn't changed)

xD