1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Batwoman Controversy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BooksJeansTea, Sep 5, 2013.

1. ScatteredEarth

Hmm. I never even knew any superheroes WERE gay :confused:

2. Stripe101

WAIT! GREEN LANTERN IS GAY?

Sorry, I just had to recover from that unexpected attack.

Anyway, what's the point? There already was a Batgirl and things didn't end up well for her. Why does she have to be connected to Batman? Can't she be her own super hero?

3. BooksJeansTea

Yea. I know. This came as a surprise. I'd never even heard of Batwoman before.

Stripe- ask the folks that designed it. Good question.

4. GrandSummoner

That feels like a big mistake on DC's part to me, IMO she's their most prominent LGBTQ character. Refusing to let her get married is a pretty big slap in the face to her writers and her fans.

There's actually a number of them nowadays. Heck, I can think of at least 5 gay superheroes in Marvel comics, though aside from Northstar they're all relatively new additions to the universe:

• Northstar (Who's married)
    • Shatterstar x Rictor (Who are in a FWB kind of relationship)
    • Wiccan x Hulkling (They're fiances, and my personal favorite :3)

[​IMG]

5. FreeFlow9917

I've known this for a while guys, but why are they cutting it, green lantern is cute

6. FashionDisaster

That is really to bad that dc is cutting that.

Personally I've always appreciated marvel more for their diversity. Currently they have 111 gay chars and 21bi/pan/omni chars.

One of my favorites would be xtreme xmen #10 set in an alternate universe with a gay wolverine and pansexual hercules couple.

Enjoy :slight_smile:

[​IMG]

7. BooksJeansTea

hm. Grand Summoner and Fashion Disaster... thanks I will have to look those up. :slight_smile: Guess I should not have assumed there wouldn't be anything out there.

Anyone else know of others?

8. biggayguy

All those men in tights. Somebody has to be gay. :wink: :grin:

9. iHateThinking

Sadly, all I can say really is "Oh well." Apparently, though, the real reason they nixed it was because apparently DC has a thing about marriages period. I wouldn't know, I don't really read superhero comics pr Marvel/DC stuff anyway; prefer graphic novels by Image/Dark Horse/etc.

The comments sadden me more though. More "why is gay news being shoved down our throats?" and "keep it in the bedroom", "homosexual agenda/forcing homosexuality on us poor poor deprived straight people" "homosexuality is such an abhorrence", blahblahblah.

Cry me a river. It isn't being shoved anywhere, you chose to read the article and be offended by the fact gay people are becoming just as normalized as straight people and you now don't have your pretty little pedestal in life anymore. What the Hell is wrong with homosexuality becoming just as accepted as heterosexuality? If you wanna do a devil's advocate, homosexuals are bombarded with "straight agenda" every day, but we put up with it because, most gay/bisexual/trans/etc people, accept straight brethren moreso than the vice versa.

Gay people are totally indoctrinating the straight of the world. :dry: That's my goal in life, to make as many straight women lesbians as humanly possible, through sheer force of FABULOUS.

10. BooksJeansTea

:thumbsup:

:lol:frowning2:!)

11. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well there is Ace and Gary, although that's Saturday Night Live so it might not count