1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I'm Very Excited....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SlytherinGirl, Sep 5, 2013.

1. SlytherinGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I just moved from one state to another recently, and I've been looking for ways to make friends my age and get involved. Well, I found on the internet this LGBT center the hosts a teen and older adult club with different themes every meet date. I got really excited about that, because I have had a hard time meeting a diverse group of LGBT individuals. This is a really good oppurtunity.

So of course I call them, and talk to this very nice lady who tells me all about the club and the kinds of things there center does. They were even looking for Volunteers, which thrilled me. I was very involved in my GSA at my previous school, so I felt that I could help. My dad is a little nervous about my involvement because of potential negative backlash, but I assured him I would be fine.

I'm going to the Center's club tomorrow night, and am very excited.(!) :eusa_danc It is a fourty-five minute drive, a bit longer than I would have liked, but it seems very worth it. These people come from all over, and I'm very hopeful that this can be my way into the LGBTQ community.

(&&&)

2. Perseus

Aww that sounds fab! :slight_smile: Have fun!

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lucky! I wish there was something like that around here...preferably one that wasn't filled with the kind of people who live around here but still...

Let us know how it goes!

4. SlytherinGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks guys! Yeah, I just found this group on the internet. :slight_smile: I'll tell you how it went afterwards.