1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Religious Bigotory towards LGBT (and ways to prove them wrong)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FreeFlow9917, Sep 5, 2013.

1. FreeFlow9917

What are your opinions on people who discriminate you due to religion.

I think of ignorance and really haven't read the gay or lesbian stories of David and Jonathan in Samuel or The story of Naomi and Ruth in the bible.

I've been looking around and found some legitamate believable information on the view on homosexuality in the bible. I was questioning myself about what i found online, but with this much information it was bound to stump the religious haters. It was the David and Jonathan story that i loved, and Naomi and Ruth. I probably shouldn't be so naive but i would do anything for the religious homophobes to shut up

2. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I usually go around at night and burn churches.

3. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    With the far-gone religious homophobes and transphobes I found it's best to just ignore them. They are just hateful people who want an excuse to justify their insecurities with others who are different. And there's no point in arguing with them as their hatred and "religious views" operate on a complete lack of logic. If you don't understand something simply misquote a scripture from an archaic text or call it a "sinful choice". Any signs you may be wrong can be dismissed because "the other person is simply a heathen". You see, we were all uniquely created to live by one ridged lifestyle with threats of damnation for any deviation from what is deemed "acceptable". That's called having free-will and "love".

4. Naren

I summon up the Satanic power given to me by the gay community and murder little church-going boys and girls at night.

But seriously, they won't shut up. I wouldn't bother.

5. jaysuss

Anyone can quote the bible to support the argument. We see it over and over in the past. Hitler used religion to reinforce his regime

6. Foxface

you can't sadly. We provide science and fact to them and they will still ignore it. Your best bet is to just be you and ignore their hatred

Foxface

7. LILuke

Hey! That's sounding dangerously close to logic! The Republican Party doesn't abide by such things! :bang::bang::bang:

8. Abbra

Religious bigots aren't really religious at all. If you were to ask them if they found out that Allah was the true god and if they would follow him, they would say no. Bigots aren't servants of god, they are slaves to their books. A religious person would follow god and the holy spirit within themselves. A bigot will pick and choose the passages that suits them.

A religious person worships their god. A bigot worships their religion. It's hard to change a bigot, because they will always loves themselves more than god.

9. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For some reason that reminded me of the Book Chute from Fallout New Vegas. :lol:

Fallout: New Vegas Book Chute

10. Jaden

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If we change the culture, the religious institutions will eventually go along with it. The majority anyways. Remember how anti-interracial marriage the church used to be in the 40's and 50's and before? They don't feel that way about it at all anymore. It's the same principle. Eventually, a couple of generations of people, in churches and elsewhere, will grow up in a world where same sex marriage is normal, and then the religious bigotry will fade with the older generations.

11. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If it's science, it means change is not likely. If it's a choice, then change could be obtained. They want people to change. So, reality doesn't mesh with their denial.

Again, we need to remember that in some religions, or groups within some religions, their views are tolerant.

12. RocketMoose27

These. :roflmao:

13. Saint Otaku

Be patient with these people, especially those who are young. They need time to untangle that which was forced together in religion and faith by generations past.

This does not apply, or course, to those who are violently -- either physically or emotionally -- discriminating against gays, but rather to those with in mere disagreement with queer identities and their associated activities.

Just remember the good ol' saying: Don't feed the trolls.

14. blueberrymuffin

I think of them as pretty much the same as those who believe the world is 5000 years old and noah's ark was a real historical event. It's the type of thing i would just slowly back away from and leave it at that, except in this case their ignorance is directly responsible for decades of legislated hate. They are why i think we need more stringent voting requirements. Honestly, the environment I'm in now, I've no reason to settle on friends like that. I've no reason or inclination to discuss anything with them, much less to win them over. Life is too short to wait for those types to come around.

15. pikachulovable

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Considering Im athiest I usually say "send me to hell, sounds fun!".

16. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If we go around trying to prove them wrong, are we any better than the haters? I mean we would basically be stooping to their level and we sure don't want that.

But this is my view: 1) Only the pure of heart will see the face of God on judgement day 2) We all fall short of the glory of God, there is no fully righteous person (And if there is, I want to meet him or her) 3) For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. (James 2:10 KJV) 4) Why would God create us this way (see Matthew 19:10-12 for reference) if we are wired to desire something that goes against what is an 'abomination?'

17. Hrantou

These people don't change, and never will. I don't waste my breath on them.

18. 2112

That's too much work. Let the Power of the Magical AIDS Ring corrupt them for you :lol:

19. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'd say that at least half of the insane homophobic bigots are also racist.

20. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sodom and Gomorrah was a lesson about gang rape, greed and not welcoming strangers into your home. Not solely homosexuality.