1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats your curfew?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by flyinhernikes, Sep 6, 2013.

1. i dont really ever go out late at night but the other night i went out to 'take some pictures' when i did but really i went to meet up with a girl and go for a walk with her, nothing bad i just cant tell my mum. neither is it really any of her business. i told her i was going 'out' and id be back soon not late.

so off i went, at 7:00pm and took some pictures of the sunsetting and street lights e.t.c and got home at 8:50pm barely 9oclock and my mum was all like 'what time do you call this?' errrr... not late is the time i call it, of course i didnt tell her that. i just waffled on about the needing to be out later for the sunset and street lights e.t.c

i never go out getting drunk or anything neither do i roll in late. latest ive ever been out is probably 9.30.

is it wrong for me to feel a little mad that she got angry for me being out not even gone 9 oclock and im 21....? just feeling a bit peeved off today is all :dry:

so whats your curfew?

2. blond

I don't live in town or have a car.
    So i couldn't say. But i should get a car soon though.

Also no i don't think you're wrong.
    But my mom & dad are the same way.

#2 blond, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  3. 461 467

A 21 year old should not have a curfew. That's for teenagers.

4. Illus1

Trust me you are not wrong Lol Woman you are 21!! I guess guys have it easier, but still well when I was living at home <18 10.00 schoolnight, 11.00 weekend(negotiable); The most important thing was to inform and find safe transport home. Oh yes and pick up my phone when they call.. silent mode.. can give stress:/ Just talk to your mom in a calm setting to set a time like say 9.30 so that she shouldn't panic before that.

5. iHateThinking

Understandable anger! You're twenty one, not twelve.

For me, it's:
    School Nights: 9 PM
    Weekends (Friday/Saturday): 11 PM

If I know I'mmma be late I try to give my mom notice of about ten minutes, and if I want to stay out later (usually moreso during the week) I usually call her about half an hour before my curfew.

Talk to her about it. It's kind of... ridiculous.

6. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Never had a consistent curfew growing up since I hardly got out :lol:. Tended to be around ten, on the rare chance I got out with friends. Now, who cares? Eighteen. As long as I give notice where I am and a rough estimate of when I'll be back, tends to be cool.

Then again, I don't have a car or driver's license at the current moment in time...

Twenty-one though? Can understand the frustration. You're a legal adult. May as well bring it up.

7. rjrh20

In my city the curfew for my age is 11:00 but my mum doesn't really care so I end up staying out with friends until like 2 in the morning on weekends. On week days I have to be in by 7:00. My dad only lets me go outside to train for sports so I spend a lot of time outside training and I have to be home before dark.

8. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't had a curfew since I was 16. If I stayed out past 2 A.M. on a school night, my mom would just say, "Well, you're only hurting yourself, because you're gonna have to get up in 3 hours."
    I never really gave my mom a reason not to trust me.

9. thanks guys! :slight_smile:

i guess i should talk to her about it, but i dont really know if i can without her suspecting im not doing what i say i am or making a big deal out of nothing because im going out a lot more lately....

@anthemic, ive not given my mum a reason not too trust me either (apart from seeing girls behind her back... but thats usual... right? D:slight_smile: she just never really has trusted me for some reason. so idk why she wants me home so early. i dont get drunk or do drugs or anything latest i would want to be home is midnight so i can get the last bus home. failing that id crash at friends.

#9 flyinhernikes, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2013
  10. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My curfew is whenever the cops arrest me.

11. Data

Data Guest

I don't have a curfew. At 19, my mom knows that I'd get upset if she questioned the time I came home. I lived by myself for a while, and I would stay out for 2 days at a time. I can take care of myself and my mom knows that. My SISTER on the otherhand is under 18 and the city curfew is 12:30AM for minors over 16. She has come home at 2AM before and I told her that if she gets pulled over, they'll detain her and only release her to my mom (who works all night at the hospital). My mom has scolded her and she hasn't done it recently. My sister was already pulled over once for a burnt out license plate light...

12. mpac21

I can definitely see why you're angry, you are a grown woman. For me, its wheneva I want :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: well until my eyes gets so heavy I pass out asleep lol

13. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    10 or 11 pm. I'm a morning person, most of the time. I also like daylight and doing things outside. I have never enjoyed nightlife that much.

14. 3am... lol I don't really have one. I'm a creature of the night, I prefer to be awake just before noon and stay up until 2 or 3 in the morning. I feel like I have more peace of mind and less rush in the day when I can eat lunch at high noon, eat dinner at 6, and then have the rest of the night to myself while everyone else is asleep. I can browse EC, play video games, or read in peace and quiet. No texts, no phone calls, no interruptions. You could say I'm a bit of a loner, but only part of the time :wink:

15. Hrantou

I'm 21 so I don't have one, but even growing up I never had one. As long as I let my parents know where I am and what I'm doing, they never cared. These days, I just do them the courtesy of sending a text letting them know I won't be coming home and it never comes up.

I do believe as you get older and if you still live at home, it should be more relaxed. If you're 21, you should stay out all you want, as long you still do what you need to do and be safe.

16. SouthernPangun

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    When I was younger and actually in school I never went out much so I never had a curfew. However, when I started going out my curfew was midnight. I am now twenty [twenty-one in a week!] and living at home while I go to college and my curfew [because my dad still tries to give me one] is supposed to be 10:00PM which I never make because I normally only go out to the movies and I just tell him I'll be back when the thing is over which usually puts me home by midnight.

I do agree that you have a right to be angry about having a curfew and from my own experience I know speaking with your parents [mom wasn't it?] about it should make it better. I can't make promises it will though.

17. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh, I'm sorry! I wasn't implying that your mom shouldn't trust you. >_< I guess I worded that wrong. I was just giving the reason why my mom never gave me a curfew. She knew I wouldn't be out doing something harmful or illegal.
    Your mom should trust you, but everyone's parents are different. Just be careful when you go out! :slight_smile:

18. Sully

To be honest. You're 21. I think it well over due that you lay down some FIRM rules with your parents. I've NEVER had a curfew. As long as you're being safe why do you need a curfew. I'm kind of lost for words as to why a 21 year old would need a curfew.

I understand that not everyone drinks, but why would she have a problem with you drinking, as I've said, you're 21?

Why do you have a curfew in the first place?

Sorry to sound rude, I just really think you need to put your foot down. It's your own life not hers.

19. IzCassie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I've been out until as late as 3 AM. My brother, cousin, and I occasionally go out for drinks and appetizers and sometimes we lose track of time. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well since I live in the country, I'm never really out of the house that much without my parents, so I don't really have one. I'd say if I did though, it would be around 11PM.