1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What body type are you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheMailman, Sep 7, 2013.

?

What body type are you?

1. Ectomorph

66 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. Endomorph

40 vote(s)
    27.6%
  3. Mesomorph

39 vote(s)
    26.9%
  1. TheMailman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    One of my friends, who takes biology, got a lesson about body types a week or so back. I though, after he told me, that it would be interesting to see which body type the most people have, here on ec.

Here are the body types:

Ectomorph
    An ectomorph is a typical skinny guy. Ecto’s have a light build with small joints and lean muscle. Usually ectomorph’s have long thin limbs with stringy muscles. Shoulders tend to be thin with little width.

Ectomorphs find it very hard to gain weight. They have a fast metabolism which burns up calories very quickly. Ecto’s need a huge amount of calories in order to gain weight. Workouts should be short and intense focusing on big muscle groups. Supplements are definitely recommended. Ectomorphs should eat before bed to prevent muscle catabolism during the night. Generally, ectomorphs can lose fat very easily which makes cutting back to lean muscle easier for them.

Mesomorph

A mesomorph has a large bone structure, large muscles and a naturally athletic physique. Mesomorphs are the best body type for bodybuilding. They find it quite easy to gain and lose weight. They are naturally strong which is the perfect platform for building muscle.
    Typical traits on a Mesomorph:

The mesomorph body type responds the best to weight training. Gains are usually seen very quickly, especially for beginners. The downside to mesomorphs is they gain fat more easily than ectomorphs. This means they must watch their calorie intake. Usually a combination of weight training and cardio works best for mesomorphs.

Endomorph
    The endomorph body type is solid and generally soft. Endomorphs gain fat very easily. Endo’s are usually of a shorter build with thick arms and legs. Muscles are strong, especially the upper legs. Endomorphs find they are naturally strong in leg exercises like the squat.
    Typical traits of an Endomorph:

When it comes to training endomorphs find it very easy to gain weight. Unfortunately, a large portion of this weight is fat not muscle. To keep fat gain to a minimum, endomorphs must always train cardio as well as weights. Usually supplements may not be needed as long as the person has a high protein intake in their diet.

I'm an ectomorph myself. I find it very hard to gain weight (but losing it is easy, my friends always complain at how I only eat junk food, but never get any fatter. XD), but on the other hand, gaining muscle is just as hard...:dry:

So what are you guys?

2. GingerGuy

I am an ectomorph as well. I think I could gain muscle if I wanted to, but I have no time for it now. I'll see how things go next year

3. Hefiel

Ectomorph. I'm quite skinny (19.5 BMI), have a really hard time gaining muscles, and I always have to eat something before going to bed too, and that something is usually equivalent to a breakfast in terms of portion size.

4. Pocky

Noo...The world needs cute ectomorphs! (you don't hear that phrase too often :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

I'm a mesomorph myself.

Interestingly, it was once theorised that mesomorphs were the most likely to commit crime.

5. Ohhai

Ectomorph. I need to gain weight though. Fast.

6. Night

Night Guest

I'm not really any of those, though? I'm a bit on the skinnier side but I can gain weight, but I'm tall and have a pretty average bone and muscle build.

Hm...

7. Tic Code

Mesomorph, but I have a pretty lean build (but I'm also short). I have a very low body fat percentage, and I have pretty good muscle tone.

8. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm an ectomorph with certain mesomorphic tendencies. I don't fit so cleanly into the categories.

9. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ectomorph, minus the uber-big arms and legs (whishful thinkig) but without a tendency to put on weight fast. It fits my overall look and demeanor. Now, if I could also kick up those arms and legs into slightly thicker shape! I'm getting there.

10. RainyViolinist

Ectomorph here! It's fun to be able to eat all that I want and not get fat, but I don't want to look like I'm malnourished :/. Since I want to do track this year, it doesn't really help that it's hard to build muscle. Yeah, it has pros and cons, but I'm relatively happy with my body type :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

11. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

[​IMG]

Found these pics that seem to help explaining the types...

I suppose I am an ectomorph, though I am not tall. However I am chronically underweight, despite taking little exercise and partaking in frequent overindulgence in food and drink.

But I'm not a big fan of muscles anyway, on me or on another guy. Especially when they reach the stage where the veins start popping out. :eek:

12. Wells

Wells Guest

I dont know O_O id say ectomorph but im not exactly skinny. Maybe if I tried pumping my muscles I could find out

13. Saint Otaku

I think somewhere between ecto- and mesomorph. I'm bad about judging anything about myself, though ^.^ probably closer to mesomorph

#13 Saint Otaku, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  14. AKTodd

Endomorph - I work out a good bit and watch what I eat to keep it under control. I get called a lot when something heavy needs moving and I carry a good bit of muscle, but am not very defined.

I can inhale deeply over a cupcake and gain weight.*sigh*

Todd

15. Bolin

Kind of an ectomorph. I fit everything except for the metabolism and thin/small shoulders. I have broad shoulders, and I can gain weight pretty quickly.

16. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm skinny as hell with no escape. So I guess I'm an extreme ectomorph, although I'm not tall.

17. LesbianGirl

Sadly I'm fat :'(

18. timo

I'm the super ectomorph. Tall, light-weight, can eat all the junk food I want without gaining even a bit of weight (and I'm hungry ALL the time). Idk about the muscle part cause I don't care for that.

19. Techno Kid

ectomorph I guess...I can eat what I want and gain little (when I do gain I go back to normal easily) to no weight.
    Sorry was not trying to brag.

20. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Im really big.. and tall....