1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever been threatened with physical harm?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Yannick, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Yannick

Out Status:
    A few people
    So I was in a party this week and some bloke threatened me with violence. I didn't even do or say anything insulting. I was just being myself. I went to say hi and after that everything is a kind of blur. I appeal different. I know. But it's no reason to threaten me. I am not a violent person myself and I was just shocked. I left immediately. He was clearly bigger and stronger than me. I was a mess for two days. I had something like this happen when I was at a teenager but back then I was stronger and could defend myself. Now it's different. Also I am face blind so that makes it worse. I can't remember his face and he is someone that I could encounter again. This scares me honestly.

Have you ever been threatened? What was the situation and how did you react? How do you even deal with these kind of things?

2. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, in the army, I was alone one night assigned to guard a vehicle and this guy came and asked for a cigarette and we started a convo and he was clearly flirting with me so just when I decided to return a compliment a second guy pops out of nowhere with a knife in his hands, they grabbed my ass making homophobic comments at the same time, pushed me against the wall and threatened me with the knife pointed at me saying that if they find out that I'm doing 'faggot-stuff' [as they call it] in the army they are going to kill me. Luckily a random guy was passing by so I yelled "help" and they ran away, the random guy never came to help though. I was devastaded for months by this, mostly because I couldn't talk to anyone about it and because those guys were like my 'roommates' and it's scary to know that you're sleeping in a room with a guy who wants to kill you.
    But, of course I broke my promise and did my 'faggot stuff', haha, and then I got moved to another place away from those psychos. :slight_smile:

3. Holy shit! That's terrifying.

4. Yannick

Out Status:
    A few people
    Wov, some people are really freaking crazy. It's horrible that this kind of things happen.

5. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Only from my mother. :lol: ....ahem.

But guys. That's some fucked up shit right there. People are nuts.

6. leer

when I was 16 I got into a couple of fights people from school but the last fight I ended up in hospital A&E fractured ribs-groin pains exc mum wanted me to press charges with police but I refused to I really let her down doing that .

7. ScatteredEarth

I've had more than my fair share of fights. I'm very crafty when I need to be and I'm not afraid to pick up the nearest blunt object to defend myself. I shattered this kid's kneecap with a piece of fence pointed at him because he was charging at me so I wanted to hit him before he got to me. Dumbass put his knee up (Which is actually alot better than a gutshot with that thing) Needless to say we almost ended up having to pay the medical bill for it, but it was thrown out when the kid admitted he was the aggressor, most likely to try not to sound like a 'pussy'

Plus I'm just naturally built, so I can pack a pretty good punch and have the ability to throw people (Not far obviously :slight_smile: )

8. Ohhai

I've been lucky really. This guy threatened to rape me once because I fell out with his sister at school, but nothing happened.

9. Harve

Oh lord.

I've had the police ring me to enquire about an anonymous teacher at school's tip-off to them that a crazy ex-boyfriend of mine was threatening to kill me. And given how mentally unstable he was, it was actually a plausible scenario. Yay.

And once I accidentally outed this 'straight' guy whilst slightly tipsy who was trying to organise meeting up with me in dodgy circumstances, so me and my friends spent the entire night in and out of my town's pubs trying to dodge this enraged homo. Just going out underage was thrilling enough but that took it too far! :grin:

2011 was a crazy year. Life is so mellow now. :frowning2:

10. Formality

From my brothers since I was like 3... . Sometimes we had serious fights and threatened to kill each other, and one or the other would always call mom or dad while they were at work, crying. Those were the days. Nowadays we mostly fight for fun, wrestling and practicing fighting techniques at each other.

I've never really been seriously threatened by anyone though as of what I can remember, and I've only really been in a real fight like 3 times when I was a kid. Last time was in 9th grade when I had been annoyed by this guy for like 2 months and finally got tired of him and swung at him. I missed, but instantly swung my other knuckle and hit him hard in the face. He never annoyed me again. Funny thing is he was a hockey player and really strong, yet he never really tried to hit me back. He just sat there staring at me with swollen eyes xD Served him right, that's for sure.

11. leer

this would seriously scare the shit out of me my ex used to ring me all hours threatening to top himself if we didnt get back together

12. biggayguy

Yes, at a gay Pride event. There were KKK protestors across the street from our area. One of them yelled at me that he was going to pull me out of my wheelchair and beat my face. Fortunately, there were at least twenty cops between us and them. It did sort of get to me for a few minutes. Other people heard what he said and assured me I would be alright.

13. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Yes of course. Growing up in New York, you're going to have to get used to crazies and street criminals threatening you. When I was 14 and had just recently started high school, I was talking on my cell phone in the early morning on my way to high school, I was on 14th street, and two thugs came over to me, flashed a knife, and said "gimme your phone or die, n****". I didn't give them my phone, I just ran for my life, all the lunch money change in my pocket fell out, I didn't dare turn back to it, but I made it to my high school safely.

Earlier this year, when I was on a date on St. Mark's Place, a crazy guy came over and demanded a cigarette, when we said we didn't have any, he said "I'm gonna kill you fucking faggots". We ran away a bit and then went and hid in a sushi place to wait for him to go away.

It sucks though, violence is so senseless, causing harm to people and then having to waste limited medical resources fixing unnecessary injuries.

I've been lucky though, I haven't really had to deal with getting into fights with people at school when I was growing up.

One of the worst things, something I hate most about the way American society raises boys, is the idea that getting into fist fights and brawls is a normal and acceptable part of growing up if you happen to have been born with a penis...fuck that shit, no child should ever feel forced into a violent confrontation. There are so many movies and TV shows that re-enforce this same cultural idiocy that getting bullied and forced into fights is part of growing up; no wonder we have such a sick violent culture.

14. Hexagon

Yes. I punched him.

15. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep. First time was when I was in fifth or sixth grade. Don't worry, I won. She didn't even stand a chance against me :grin:

A couple times since then, but they were all opponents I knew I couldn't beat, so I just played their little game, and avoided the fighting part. People suck, eh?

16. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My brother used to use physical intimidation to get his way, as he used to be unable to argue, and still can't take "no" as an answer. I've been thrown down stairs, pinned against walls by my throat, had my hands squeezed in the hinges of doors etc. when he wasn't happy.

17. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup, a couple of times in fact. At my job I work with special needs people as a Direct Service Provider. My job was to take my clients out into the public for fun or to do grocery shopping. When we would go to the park to walk people would typically gawk or shout transphobic things which I would just brush off. My clients didn't understand the terms; but since it didn't seem to bother me they would also shrug it off. However, when school was out teens started to populate the parks heavily which increased the transphobia quite a bit. The first incident involved 4 teens following me and saying their usual transphobic stuff; however, this time they followed us all the way to my car and pinned me and my client against the side of it. They told me that "shemales were freaks that should stay out of normal society" and basically threatened to kick my ass if they saw me again. My 60 year old client didn't know what was going on and froze in panic. After they had their fill of berating me they left, so I took my client home to calm him down. What's cute is this had an audience of about 15 or so people and not one person stepped in to help us.

The second time involved me pulling up at the same park. Some big middle aged guy came over to my car, blocked my clients door from opening all the way and said I "should get back in my car if I knew what was good for me.". My job deemed that it was too much of a safety risk to work in public, so I've been regulated to just doing 3rd shift group home care now. Yay transphobia. :dry:

18. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That just sucks. It shows what cowards really look like when you put them together, yet might not act like that if alone, though sometimes they still might.

It had nothing to do so with sexuality since I had just gone to get groceries in an area with which I was not familiar, but I was mugged once. I believe the person was on drugs. I don't want to share the details of the story, because it would almost need diagrams. I had to go to ER, though, because of some lacerations. I was so busy, with work and other things, that I just kept going as if nothing happened. I still wonder if there was a delayed effect of sorts.

19. Oddish

Oddish Guest

That's fucking awful. It's really no wonder I hate a majority of those in my demographic. Teenagers are violent and scary as hell. Even worse nobody bothered to stand up or intervene, or even notify police.

:frowning2: It makes me so frustrated to know people can act like this and get away with it, especially with LGBT-phobic police force who wouldn't even take threats like these seriously or do any justice if they found out the victim were gay or trans. We shouldn't have to hide from the public just to stay safe. So wrong on so many levels.

Me? A couple times. I've been harassed a few times at school, such as being shoved up against walls and threatened to be kicked, and once had to deal with a rape threat a few months ago, two months after I came out and started presenting as male in school.

Honestly, I've had it pretty easy considering how terrible people are to transpeople in general. I tend to stand my ground, I'm very extroverted and vocal, so people are usually not interested in insulting me to my face or threatening me because they correctly assume that I'll either laugh at them or destroy them on the spot. Though, it's very mind numbing dealing with it every single day.

20. RoguesWolfe

The only thing that has ever happened besides fights with sister or exes or random people was the night I did some pills. I took way too many and felt weak and could barely move, my friends were getting ready to take me to the hospital since my heart rate was really really low. As we were going to leave a guy bursts in the door with a gun in his hand. He aimed it right at me and said something but I was so out of it I don't know what. Friends got him to go away but still scared me.