1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RoguesWolfe, Sep 8, 2013.

1. RoguesWolfe

Do you ever get so angry you feel like things around you will just burst into flames? What usually ticks you off? How do you deal with it?

I myself have things to sort out. I am not as bad as when I was a kid. If you made me angry it was either a punch to the face or when I almost broke my sister's knee cap with a flute. Usually when I get angry now I become really silent, and just stare not really at anything. But if anyone try's to approach me or speaks to me automatically I'll snap at them, even if they aren't the ones who made me angry. I try not to but sometimes it's just hard to control. If I get too angry I will actually black out. I've done some pretty stupid things too because of it. Usually i try looking up funny things, going for a walk, laying in bed and trying to clear my mind. But those are not working as much anymore. So what do you guys do?

2. Ohhai

I get you. I get so angry, but swallow it down. That's not good. Usually about once a year or so I end up blowing up. Last time (August 2012), I ended up shouting and crying for like 2 hours eurgh.

3. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My cure for things like this (and yes, I'm serious):

[​IMG]

4. tulman

I used to have a pretty bad temper, was destructive and caused a lot of grief to those close to me. One day about 30 yrs. ago the light bulb snapped on and I realized what a complete asshole I was. I apologized to all of them and promised to change. I know they were skeptical and with good reason. But it worked and we're all happier for it. I'll feel guilty about it for the rest of my life. On the other hand, I feel so much better about myself since I've learned to let issues roll off me. As the serenity prayer says:
    "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference"

5. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Issues? Like the song? No?...okay
    But seriously, I rarely deal with my anger its two options shut down or blow up. I know its really unhealthy to bottle it up like that but Im really shit at dealing with strong emotions.

6. RoguesWolfe

I make jokes with my friends that I need drums to help with my anger....but I seriusly do want drums and I'm pretty sure it would actually help. Sadly we get the police called on us again if we disturb the neighborhood. Hell we already have people watching us.

7. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

Just hire Neil Peart.

No one arrests Neil Peart.

8. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm quoting this because Pete Townshend himself has said that Keith Moon would probably have ended up in jail if he never played drums.

Besides drums though, Neil Peart is one of the deepest, most artistic people who ever walked the face of the Earth. It's evident in the lyrics of just about every Rush song ever made since he joined. Even his "for the lulz" song, "The Trees" has some people thinking really deep into it. I love to equate that song to the fall of DOMA and Prop 8.

But seriously, drums do REALLY help. They even helped me today, where I felt tense as fuck, and I needed some release. An electric kit, while it's still a few more bucks than an acoustic, is great for areas that aren't as friendly to noise, since there's not nearly as much resonance. You can also turn down the volume.

9. RoguesWolfe

:confused: Electric kit eh? Hmm may look into that. Though I found out today Swedish music kinda helps.

10. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Get a double bass pedal as well, then. Unless you're not talking about metal?

11. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I always swallow my anger and become really cold towards everyone until I find some alone time and some sad music to get over it.

Except when it's my mum who made me angry; in that case I get really angry and I don't hide anything.

12. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've done this before with Quadrophenia. It actually drove me to a depression. So I had to start listening to Grateful Dead (!)

13. RoguesWolfe

:confused: Dude I'm afraid to get mad at my mom even if she is the one who made me mad. Last time I did anything she smacked me so hard I flew into the wall.

14. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ouch.. Either you're really light, or she's benched more than Peyton Manning.

15. RoguesWolfe

She may be short, she may not look like she has muscle. But damn she has some strength. I'm also really small so that kinda adds to it.