1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weirdest thing you have eaten/tasted

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Straight ally, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    When i was a child i actually loved fish food (some sort of seaweed? very salty i remember and an odd soft texture).

Dog food (salty and hard)

Cat food (very salty and crunchy, its sort of a cat cereal anyhow :lol:slight_smile:

Wasabi withnothing else (aaaahh its not spicy its painful !!!)

Sun screen ( a little bit, and i didnt swallow, i just tasted it) this was bad idea, it tasted very strong and well... You know how sun screen is supposed to say in your skin even while you are bathing, so its hard to take it out your skin,well.. The same goes for the tounge, i spent a long while with the sunscreen 's taste...never do that.

Candy bar 's envolture, cause i saw this as a practical way of not having to walt to the thrash can...i dnt remember how this ended but i know i didnt kept doing it, maybe i told mom and she told me how a bad idea that was,(i was 4or 5 years old).

2. JPC

JPC Guest

One thing that I eat pretty often and really like is black pudding. It's really common here and in the U.K. and is pretty popular, but when I lived abroad people thought it was really weird. It's essentially a sausage made from congealed pork blood and oatmeal.

3. Hexagon

Seaweed, I suppose. And I guess my veggie diet incorporated things most people haven't tasted :slight_smile:

4. Anomie

Anomie Guest

Fish eyeballs. That was interesting, maybe not the weirdest.

5. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember eating carmex as a kid....

other than that, the cheeses they serve in the Cinderella castle at Disney World are very interesting

6. leer

god Iv'e always loved black pudding was a tradition on Saturday's breakfast full English.also

Pigs feet bit salty- my aunty used to cook it or boil it said it was an Irish dish .

potted dog- it's not what you think it's potted meat or meat paste has various meat in brine used in sandwiches around the north of England I think .

7. Harve

Kymyz, which is fermented horse milk. It's warm, and tastes/basically is an acidic milk and salty beer mixed together.

The Most Disgusting Food. Ever. - Slate Magazine

The rest of the food in Central Asia was fine tho.

edit: and GOD I love me some black pudding.

8. biggayguy

My dad cooked some squirrels he had hunted. We had them for supper. They actually were a bit like chicken.

9. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Snails.

10. Bolin

A (live) firefly. And no, it was not voluntary.

11. AsIUsedToBe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Chalk. I got dared to do it. Lol

12. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    Squid. It tasted and felt like a crisp. (Or chips, in America.) But I'm not having it again- it still sickens me.

13. SeriousCas

SeriousCas Guest

Lots of people eat squid here haha

14. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Octopus. It was there in finger food form. I didn't know what it was. It tasted odd. Then they told me what it was. I went into another room and spit it out.

15. RoguesWolfe

As a kid instead of eating dirt like the other kids I would eat ash. Yeah I would reach my hand through a hole in the grill and eat the ash. Also ate cat food and dog food. Though I do eat some dog treats now but it's just chicken jerky.

16. FloatingPiano

Dog treats, dirt, wet cat food, and boar sausage.

17. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Unlike the rest of my family, I tend to be willing to try new and exotic food, I get bored eating the same stuff all the time. (Though I would never eat bugs/spiders, no way, I can't even be near one of those things, I'd starve to death if that is all that is on the menu)

I guess one of the weirdest things I have eaten was iguana soup down in Curaçao, and I've also eaten alligator meat.

I wouldn't consider octopus or squid to be particularly weird food items, though perhaps that is because I am very accustomed to Italian cuisine. Calamari (fried or baked squid) is something you could get at any local pizza joint or bar in the Northeastern United States (or Italy of course). Octopus in a seafood salad, like a frutti di mare, is also pretty common at Italian restaurants. Perhaps things I would consider vanilla, plain, ordinary food, are still seen as ethnic and exotic in other parts of the U.S. or in the U.K.

But I suppose that's the same as me being grossed out by the idea of eating ants, which is considered normal cuisine in some parts of the world.

18. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Shampoo. I wouldn't recommend it.

19. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    These are foods I've tried some may find normal but others may find weird
    octopus, alligator, craw fish, frog legs, squrrel, rabbit (ok most anything you hear of people hunting)

things that I've tasted involuntary (generally from having my head in the wrong place while working on something)
    anti-freese, oil, gas, diesel fuel (has to be the most god awful taste ever)

20. UIOP

I like trying exotic food. I went to China one time and ate a squidgy purple sea slug called an oompa or something and also what I could eat from a chicken's head (like tongue and insides). Lol, they were weird. Wasabi flavoured crisps and peanuts were kind of exotic too.

I was cruelly tricked one time into eating a large block of ginger. Not good.