1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How open are you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by masseffectfan21, Sep 8, 2013.

1. masseffectfan21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Even if your friends who are straight knows that you're gay. Are you open to expressing your orientation to them? I notice when I'm with my straight friends I keep everything to myself and the only thing I disclose is my relationship. What would you do if your straight friends were talking about the opposite sex, would you feel like an outcast?

2. RoguesWolfe

I have never had this problem actually. When I talk to my straight friends I tell them anything really. I'll be like hey look at that hot girl over there you know shes pretty. All they would do is roll their eyes and laugh with me. But I can also relate to them when they start talking about hot guys or girls, depends on what their preference is. Usually I can agree on many things.

3. AKTodd

My friends and co-workers all know I'm gay and I routinely talk about what my partner and I are doing/have done (shopping, errands, movies, etc.).

We don't really talk in terms of hot people we see much tbh, but there was a time some years ago and when of my female friends and I found it amusing that we both liked the same type of guy.

In college, conversations on who was hot never came up, even before I knew I was gay or had come out to anybody. After coming out, there were occasional conversations with my housemates, but more along the lines of either answering their questions or dispelling misconceptions.

Todd

4. Hrantou

I never tell them unless they ask, and they usually never ask so they just kinda find out eventually. It's not that I hide it. It's just that its not all that important for me tell them. "Hello, I'm Hrantou. I'm gay" It never plays out like that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Tic Code

I'm not out to anyone besides one friend and the parents so I never ever talk about my orientation. I feel really out of the conversation because while I participate in talking about girls, all of my responses are either lies about liking girls or evasions of the question. I can never relate when they say some girl is hot. At the very least I'll tell them she' pretty and try to leave it at that.

6. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It really depends. If I see an attractive woman on TV, I'll sometimes say, "Damn, she's nice looking!", but only because I'm being silly. XD They know I'm not that aggressive when it comes to expressing my sexuality. If I were hanging out with them with a potential girlfriend, I would probably only hold her hand and hug her in front of them. Everything else would be done in private; yes, probably even kissing her cheek. I don't think I'm ready to express myself that much in front of my friends. >_<

7. IzCassie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    When I'm in "guy mode" at work, I still wear eyeliner and pink nailpolish, so I'm pretty sure everybody knows something's up.

8. Saint Otaku

IF I wasn't around family, I'd likely be puking rainbows. Just kidding, of course, but I would be completely open if anyone asked. Probably will be a bit doting about my first boyfriend, but if we stay together long then enough it'll likely wear off.

#8 Saint Otaku, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  9. My friends and schoolmates all know. Usually, I don't mention my sexuality until they ask me something about it. I'll say stuff like," He's cute." or "I wish I have a boyfriend." to my friends and some will say something while others won't care.

10. freedom200

freedom200 Guest

if they want to know then why the fuck not ?

11. 2112

I don't really feel comfortable enough to talk about it yet, but other than my family, only one person knows and he never talks about girls.

12. justjade

Well, I feel pretty weird around my cis-friends. They just don't understand. A lot of them I haven't even told yet. I'm OK being who I am. I just have a hard time actually explaining myself. I don't want to hide my gender. I want to be out and proud, but it's so hard.

13. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I´ve decided not long ago to not hide it anymore, and nothing happened. Mostly because i just don´t get to gay issues or whatever. I do talk about my boyfriend, but use his name. I don´t say "my boyfriend". One friend asked if he was and I said yes, and that was it. I suppose now the others friends know to (we hang out as a group), but it´s never mentioned.
    I doesn´t make me uneasy. Nothing changed.
    They talk about girls lot and I don´t mind. In the end, it doesn´t matter if someone is a girl or boy when talked about. It´s just another person. Even if they talk about bedscenes it´s kind of the same, only the parts are different. So why feeling left out??????????????????

14. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :lol: This happened a week ago or so, I was with two of my friends, Roger and Caitlyn, and we went to iHiop. Our entire conversation was predominantly about guys, that's it. The only person that felt like an outcast was Roger, and he was pretty ok with it haha. So yeah, I'm pretty open now to people.

15. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, no I'm not. While, when it comes to boys, I can easily say "he is cute/handsome" ect and chat. When it comes to girls... i become shy, i have to almost develop a good crush on someone to open up just a little. But i'm still at the beginning.

16. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pretty darn open about it. There's only a select few I still hide my sexuality from.

17. yidnah87

I'm still not used to talking about men with my non-LGBT friends/family/coworkers. I have only recently come out in the past few months, so I haven't gotten there yet. I'm still used to 'hiding' it.

18. lukeluvznicki13

I'm only open to my 3 friends about me being Bi. To everyone else, I try to maintain that I am straight so that I am not the next Big Story in the School's gossip files o,e

19. ScatteredEarth

I don't flaunt my sexuality out of respect really. I understand people accept it, but it's not like everyone wants to hear about how much I want guys/girls.. Just like I wouldn't want my friends boasting about their sex life and shit. Relationships are one thing, but constantly gawking at people you saw on the street, well that's just low class :/

20. leer

am open to a few people one's a female co-worker & have a few gay mates that am happy to be open with. have some straight mates but am not so open .