1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The most selfish post I'll ever make

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ilovebears, Sep 9, 2013.

1. ilovebears

I'd like to preface this by letting y'all know that I would never normally just talk about myself (the reasons for this are irrelevant to this post). I feel weird creating a thread on a story of mine, but I hope it gives some positive feeling to at least one person.

This past February, I met "C" through an asexual forum (I identified as aromatic, him as homoromantic). I thought his avatar was cute (a stylized photo of his face), so I PM'd him. We found our common interests, and discussed differences. We talked about personal topics quite quickly, so we grew comfortable with each other. I knew I had a friend, and I hoped it would last a long time.

We moved from the forum's PM system to actual e-mail. It was at this time where I had a life-changing experience… accepting myself as gay. He guided me through it. Not long after, I told him that I think he'd make a great boyfriend… except for the fact that he lived 1,500 miles away. I did not want a long-distance relationship, and I did not want to meet a partner online (I strongly believed in-person is the way to go). However… he told me that he wanted to make it possible.

I immediately accepted that this relationship was going to happen. Yeah, I wish I met someone in the immediate world around me… but I quickly defenestrated that notion. However, we both agreed that we will not officially be a couple until he asks me to be his boyfriend in person.

Our communication grew intense; we pushed each other as humans. We both really wanted each other… and because we both identified as asexual, it was the emotional attraction that bonded us (I suppose it didn't hurt that we found each other aesthetically attractive, haha).

We started text messaging soon after. After some slight anxiety, I called him. These were two great steps in making our conversations fluid… it was no longer a simple back-and-forth set of e-mail replies.

Not too long after, we (coincidentally!) made each other videos of our living spaces… it was HUGE to see each other talk in motion! As with every previous "evolution" of communication we had, our feelings grew for each other more and more. And then… Skype.

Yes, Skype made our tentative relationship even better… WAY better. It was so heavy to interact with C in real-time… all we were missing was the physical presence/touch of each other. It was easy to be on for two hours. I NEVER thought I could talk what much with someone just like that. This is what we try to do as much as possible. Thanks, technology!

After a little bit, I figured out that I was in love with him! Again, I didn't think this was possible without meeting… but C eliminated that stubbornness of mine. I sent him a package of meaningful objects for his birthday, including a note. On it, I wrote that although I can't say "I love you" until we meet in person, that's exactly how I felt about him. Needless to say, he was pretty fucking thrilled.

We planned to meet soon after I moved to a different state for school. We would talk about it for months, every single day. We couldn't wait to be with the other. Eventually, that time came, last week.

As I saw him drive up to the park, I ran as fast as I could towards him… and attacked him with hugs and kisses! My very first words to him, in person: "I love you!" He was shocked!

I started crying of extreme happiness when we started driving together. After we did some stuff that day, he told me that I had no choice but to be his boyfriend, whether I liked it or not. So he totally came out of his shell for me!

This first day of meeting was easily the best day of my life. The days that followed amounted to the best week of my life. We did so many things together, that it'd be silly to describe here… but I will say that acquiring everyday things for my new place (furniture, clothes, hangers, etc.) was AWESOME. So were our adventures. So were the times where we did nothing. Every single moment was appreciated, never wasted.

Of course, saying goodbye to each other was extremely difficult. We both never wanted it to end but it had to…

We know we are soulmates - that was a fact even before we met. We eventually are going to live together, marry each other (in a wood-paneled, court, no less!), and grow old together…

But, for now, we are going to have to deal with the physical distance once again…

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is a beautiful story, I'm so happy for you. We all need to hear how great it can be, and how to make impossible things possible.

Best of luck on your adventure with him, love is grand!

3. lukeluvznicki13

4. leer

Will admit am not crazy with on line relationships or long distance relationships but this thread maybe has changed my way of thinking am really pleased that things are working out for you both(*hug*)

5. TheMailman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is possibly the most touching story I've ever read, I'm so happy for you. I know you guys can make this work.

Best of luck in your relationship, your lives...everything really! Good luck!

6. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aww. This made my day…

I thought I found out my soulmate as well, but it just didn’t work and I haven’t fully gotten over it.
    Love in the end is always worth waiting for. Because when you with them nothing else matters. You are lucky person. Some people don’t even experience the love that you have for this guy.

7. Bolin

Thank you for sharing this. Hearing a happy story like this made my day a little better. :slight_smile: Best of luck to you and your boyfriend. :slight_smile:

8. IzCassie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    That's beautiful. I'm literally holding back tears. I'm so happy for you.

It may be hard now, but just stick it out. Waiting to close that distance may seem like an eternity, but it'll be worth it for the moments when you're together. :grin:

9. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup :grin: Sounds like the relationship my boyfriend and I have. Hopefully you two will move in together, and live happily ever after ^^

10. Mysz

Very cute! I smiled so wide reading this story- it's more than perfect. I'm so happy that this worked out for you both! =)

11. Pocky

Usually stories like this make me go :rolle:

Buuut, this is just too cute :icon_bigg I hope you guys have a long, love filled relationship (*hug*)

12. ilovebears

Thanks for the support, fellow humans!

I just had to show him this thread. He said he felt like crying... but didn't because he was at work, haha. Then he showed a co-worker, and she (a lesbian) said that she loved me. Haha. She also had a similar experience, too... and she said she wants to be in our wedding, as long as she doesn't have to wear a dress.

I also thought it was cool that it was my 100th post... yayy!

Thanks again, y'all!

13. robotman

That was a lovely read and I am so happy for you!! I just hope something like this happens to me *sighs*...

14. GayNerd

This is beautiful. I wish that you could be with him in-person longer.

I'm just glad you could see him and really express your feelings to him.