1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something I did wonder in Japan

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dustin Broke, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

Something I did wonder but if I stayed in Japan for a long long time and how is it like to date a Asian guy like me? I never dated Japanese guys that actualy were born there. I' am Japanese American since I was born in Omaha, NE. Also I kinda wonder how to Japanese people find there boyfriend. While I was walking in town with my mom in the city area I saw one guy that looked at me in the eye a lot and I looked back but I wonder if he thought I was hot. I had my rainbow t-shirt and had my gay bracelets so maybe he knew I was gay but we never did talk at all. But I just wonder how do gay guys in Japan find there boyfriends. Since I think it's harder to find one there then in USA. I seen some gay dating websites that is made in Japan that is for Men lovers but I kinda wonder if that's how they find someone or what do they do in Japan. I don't think they are out much in Japan like USA.

2. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    they same way as gay guys in the USA, Australia, UK, NZ, Canada all find their boyfriends. Remarkably there are a lot of similarities between all these countries when it comes to meeting people.

3. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

Or do most gay guys in Japan goto a gay place? I don't know if there are places where gay people are in Japan. Or do guys just try to find a boyfriend while walking or going to stores? I don't goto Japan often like I have gone once in two years in the past and I just don't know how Japanese people do it there. Also seems like people there don't really show there rainbow stuff I don't see any guys that have gay pride stuff on them. I think I was the only one that had it.

4. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it depends on the area. I'm certain that is most big cities, Tokyo, Osaka, and such, that you can meet other guys in a broad variety of ways. The customs and manners may differ, but as Japan has entered the modern age, I don't think you'll find it overly difficult to meet other men there. It may work somewhat differently, and I do think it's not as out in the open as it is here. But this is the digital age, and it's much easier to network.

Do you plan to return there, or are just curious?

They certainly have some of the best gay comic art, hands down.