1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I finally talked to the guy I like...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 2112, Sep 10, 2013.

1. 2112

...about his magnetic gum wrapper :icon_redf

[​IMG]

2. iHateThinking

Is it bad I find this kind of funny in an "awww that's cute" kind of way? I hope not.

Magnetic gum wrappers exist? I want one of those!

Nah but at least you talked to him, good on ya! Did the conversation go well at least?

3. chercheur

chercheur Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ohh my god, I know the feeling XD like you like him so much every word you exchange with him seems preecious haha XD

Is he gay?

4. penguin machine

I saw a guy in a class this week who was arguably the cutest guy in my school. Worse, we had too many people in the classroom so he had to sit at the front of the class and look back at us. I hatched some insane plan to make sure I work with him on a group assignment or ask him about homework.

All I'm saying is, don't worry, we've all been there. I haven't even gotten to the point where I can talk about gum yet. I have a boyfriend and I couldn't be embarrassed about a thing in the world, until that is, a really good-looking guy is standing in front of me. If I figure out how to break the ice I'll let you know :/

5. iHateThinking

Yes, don't worry. I'm 100% sure this has happened to pretty much everyone; I'm going through this right now, actually. :lol: There's this really cute girl who kind of caught my eye and I actually said hello to her yesterday but now I'm riddled with embarrassment because I'm afraid I freaked her out. Bah! It's amazing how, when confronted with an attractive person, your brain turns to mush and you can't talk straight without looking like a goof.

6. 2112

Yes :icon_bigg

---------- Post added 10th Sep 2013 at 09:44 PM ----------

It's actually the little box it came in, not the shiny silver wrapper thing. I guess the conversation (if you can really call it that) went well, I don't think my face turned red and I could look at him while talking, so I'd say that's success :lol:

7. chercheur

chercheur Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Oooh niice :grin: you should talk to him! I know it's hard, but can't hurt! Is he single? If so you want to scoop him up before someone else does!

8. iHateThinking

I was confused; "How does one have a magnetic gum wrapper?!" Regardless, I still want one.

Any successful interaction or accomplishing what you set out to do is a success, because you said you were gonna do something and, well, here you are now, talking about it. Making eye contact is the worst with people you like, I have no idea why. Communication becomes twenty times more difficult. You should try to talk to him again; wishing you luck with future conversations.

9. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well don't give up, a conversation about a magnetic gum wrapper could blossom into years of romance.

Ok, maybe not, but you never know. Keep us updated :slight_smile:

10. James1991

James1991 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You did better than I would have!

There's a cute guy that works at one if my favorite restaurants who I'm pretty sure thinks I'm cute too, but who I'm DEFINITELY sure is gay (he turned beat red when his phone went off as he was charging us out and my friends and I saw that his wallpaper was a shirtless male model, lmao). I've been going there for months and can't muster up the courage to strike up conversation with him or leave him my number lol

11. penguin machine

UGH there was a perfect opportunity there to start something! You could always encourage HIM to do it, start with some polite conversation, you don't even have to do anything terrifying like compliment him, tell him your lunch was fabulous, give him a smile, and see how he reacts. Hell, change your wallpaper to a male model, have a friend text you while you're at the register so he can see it. BOOM you are making progress!

12. 2112

Yes :icon_bigg:icon_bigg. I'm going to try to have a real conversation with him soon.

13. Pocky

And one day you'll joke together about the time you talked about his magnetic gum wrapper.

14. lukeluvznicki13

aww that made me chuckle :slight_smile:
    I know how you feel. I speak to the guy I like about anything just to be able to speak to him xD

15. ScatteredEarth

I remember I used to do the same thing in 8th grade. Except looking back at it now.. I tried to talk about ANYTHING pretty much :confused: I remember having a 2 minute conversation on how the other kid swatted a fly. Didn't help that I was so deep in the closet and my own damn self didn't know..

16. 2112

No chance to talk to him today :icon_sad:

Maybe soon...

17. 2112

I finally had a real, albeit short, conversation with him today! Now I know that we both hate math and he's into "the arts" (he didn't get any more specific than that and there wasn't any more time).

18. penguin machine

hey, that's progress! I'm glad you're being persistent. Always remember that there are other guys out there. Don't pin too much hope on one guy okay? Just don't want to see you fall too hard if I feel I might have prevented that! :slight_smile:

19. ScatteredEarth

lol This is starting to turn into a really corny drama :3 Keep goin though, it's that type of drama that everyone loves to watch ^_^

20. 2112

:icon_redf um..sorry?