1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out to everyone...but, y'know, not.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheMailman, Sep 11, 2013.

1. TheMailman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've been wondering about this:
    Could you consider yourself 'out' if you haven't told everyone yourself (only the people who have to know, like parents, friends), but you aren't hiding it anymore?

I've decided that I'm not going to hide who I am, and if someone asks whether I'm gay, I'll say yes. Or I'll mention it if it comes up in conversation (for example: "Who do you think it hot in this class?" Me:"oh that guy over there, of course"). I'm not planning to come out over Facebook in a big public announcement, but I'm not in the closet anymore, if that makes sense.
    Kinda taking an open stance to the situation. People will figure it out and spread the word. Much easier!

What's your thoughts about this?

Oh and if this should be in the 'coming out' directory, feel free to move it and sorry!

2. chercheur

chercheur Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But you are out! You've told people and now you're just being real about who you are and where you're at.

You don't need to wear a shirt that says "I'm GAY" 24/7 to be out (truthfully, though, for some of us our very existence has the same effect :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). If you are just being YOU and not lying to anyone, then you have come out of the closet.

3. LinkLarkin

Yeah I would definitely consider that to be out! Personally, I've told a couple of friends who I particularly trust, I've answered honestly to a couple of people who've asked me, and I'm planning to come out to my parents some time in January. Oh, and I'll be attending LGBTQ meetings next semester. I did have a plan to come out to everybody else properly, but now I don't care. It's not really their business. I'll just comment on hot guys wherever I am and soon enough everyone else will figure it out :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Plus I'm a lot more into gay stereotypes than I was when I was closeted so my behaviour may well begin to make it obvious anyway. But we'll see! :grin: