1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you could, would you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lukeluvznicki13, Sep 12, 2013.

1. lukeluvznicki13

Hi guys :slight_smile:
    I have always wondered about this and I want to hear from you guys on your answers on this question: If you could change your sexuality, would you? why so ?
    This isn't suppose to offend or anything at all. I'm just interested in hearing what people think.

2. chercheur

chercheur Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awww helll naw. The only thing I'd change at this point would be the total destruction of dysphoria so I could be 100% comfortable as a gay boy. But tbh, that's really been well under control lately, so I'm gewd haha.

At this point? I guess I can honestly say I wouldn't change ANYthing. I would never want to be a straight boy...EVER. Like...GOD no, haha. No offense to straight guys..just, no....

3. Deaderpool2

No. because i am discriminated against it has made me aware of others who are discriminated and how unfair it is that they are treated that way for what ever reason it is, be it religion, race, gender or lifestyle. i don't think id be as aware of this or have such strong views on equal rights if i was straight. id me more like, that sucks but what can i do?

4. LinkLarkin

Definitely not. I had major internalised homophobia up until... well, when I joined this site a couple of months ago actually. I even remember posting on similar threads to this how much I wished I could change my sexuality. But after meeting some of you guys, discovering how awesome the LGBT community can be if you give it a chance...? Hell no, I am proud to be gay.

5. Deaderpool2

its not us that needs to change it is the people who see love between same genders who need too.

6. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  7. chercheur

chercheur Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This :slight_smile:

8. Deaderpool2

thanks hun (*hug*)

9. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I wish. Preferably, wish I was asexual. Would make my life easier not having to reconcil a libido with dysphoria.

10. Niko

Nope. I love guys too much. <3 But I don't really like having asexual tendencies. I say that because I'm not 100% sure if I am or not. My body is kind of preventing me from actually wanting to do those kind of things with people. >_>

11. Bolin

Uh, no, I love guys too much. And considering most of my friendships with women and relationships with female family members either don't end well or don't go anywhere...I think that's a major sign. xD Plus, it took me forever to get fully comfortable with being gay, so I feel like all of that work I put into myself would be wasted.

12. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope. Bi isn't without its drawbacks, but I absolutely love the idea of being attracted to twice as many people.

13. TheMailman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nah, It's making life...interesting, to say the least. It's part of who I am, and I don't want to be someone else.

Anyways, guys are hot! :icon_wink

14. RoguesWolfe

No way. I'm too open minded and find many people attractive. To me that would just be...boring.

15. Ohhai

Yes, at this point, I really wish I wasn't gay. Hopefully I'll grow to love it cx

16. ScatteredEarth

I sometimes wish i could switch to one or the other but isn't that simple unfortunately.. Oh well gotta love me for me i suppose :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. Tic Code

Well, let's see. I'm in the closet still, and it's been stressful and caused so much questioning and fear regarding the relationships I have with the people around me. Do I wish I could just flip a switch and make myself straight? Absolutely. Life would be a lot easier, simpler, and less stressful. I wouldn't struggle with my religion so much, I could be one of the guys, I could get married and have kids like a "normal" person. Easy.

But at the same time (and more and more all the time) I realize I really don't want to change at all. It would be easier to be straight yes, but I wouldn't be me. If learning I'm gay has taught me anything, it's that people deserve to be judged by their actions and merits, not who they choose to be with. That everyone deserves a chance to love the person they want to be with, regardless of who that person might be. That it hurts to be alone, to be rejected or ostracized. That it's okay to be different. That everyone deals with some struggle that you don't know about. I've learned that I don't have to live a certain way just because someone expects it. It makes me want to treat people right, no matter who they are. I was made this way for a reason.

So really, no. As tough it's been, and it could be a lot, lot worse, and as tough as it may turn out to be, I'm glad I've been given the insight to accept this part of me. And I know the confusion and stress won't last forever. It will get better. I believe that.

18. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would prefer to be asexual, but it's not like I'm wailing against fortune's cruelty that I ended up being gay. Romance and sex are fulfilling activities at the object level of things (as in, considering matters from where I do stand, as a sexual person), even if I do prefer asexuality at the meta level.

19. Wells

Wells Guest

I dunno. Sometimes, I would, other times I wouldn't. At least it'll stop me wasting money on kids :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. Oddish

Oddish Guest

No, because I'm happy that I'm able to experience (romantic) attraction to everyone regardless of their gender. It makes for more opportunity.

As for the asexual part of it all, that could go away. It's really not that great, and likely causes more of a burden especially in the context of a relationship. If I were full-blown sexual? Great. But that will never happen.