1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian bars?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Badaxe, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Badaxe

I have no idea what to expect?

Hypothetical situation:

An attractive, femme-leaning (but still obviously a lesbian) girl goes into some small town lesbian bar by herself, sits down and orders a drink, and just relaxes and soaks in the atmosphere. Would that look weird? Or desperate? To just go in and sit down by yourself? Or is that a common thing to do?

What are some likely scenarios that might happen to her? Would anyone sit down and spark a conversation with her, or would they be like "lol look at the loser by herself over there."?

I have no idea how these things work. I've lived with extreme social anxiety my whole life and have little outside experience. I'm desperate right now, I have no friends, and have never been around other gay people, so I'm kind of intimidated by the idea. Are bars worth it? If only just to get used to being around people like me? Is it weird to just go in by yourself and sit there and look pretty, but kinda awkward? Will it be painfully obvious that I'm freshly out of the closet and have no idea what I'm doing?

Sorry for my obvious ignorance and naivety.

I have no idea what to expect, but I'm desperate to be around people like me, even just to be around them. I'm tired of wasting away my young years being afraid to go outside.

2. Badaxe

Or are lesbian bars not very common anymore? Are there bars for queer people in general or what?

3. starfish

Honey, the whole reason bars exist is for lonely people to have a drink and to find someone to talk with.

So you won't look like a loser going there by yourself. You'll look just like everyone else.