1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else guilty of this?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tryhtwfr, Sep 15, 2013.

1. tryhtwfr

*Excuse my rubbish creative skills but I just had to let it out'

It's the day everyone is about to start high-school (US) / college (UK) and you're ready to go in and see all of the friends you missed over the summer holidays. As you enter the school, you check to see where your rooms are and as you're walking, someone new catches your eye and you instantly feel attracted to them. You walk to your lesson as usual but with your eyes fixated on this person as if it was only you and them in the world and no one else. All you can think about in lesson is this person and when the bell rings, you rush off to your friends and ask if they have seen the new boy/girl and as you're in the closet you have to be careful what you say otherwise people will suspect things. You then start to hear rumours that they are gay/lesbian and get your hopes up high and start doing Gangnam style in front of everyone but immediately stop before someone thinks you're weird. When you get home, all you can think about is your crush and for days on end you're awake 10 minutes earlier than you're supposed to because you want to get to school as soon as possible to see them. 2 weeks later, you're walking down the corridor and you see them, you instantly fix your hair and try to give them a subtle smile as you walk past. In class all you can think about is them and when your friend tries to start a conversation, it simply does not interest you. Walking home, you hear their name being called and you rush home straight away to check out their Facebook and you eagerly wait for the page to load but who would have thought that just their Facebook page would be enough to rip your heart out....

...you whisper gently to yourself 'interested in women' and you collapse to the ground with a throbbing pain in your chest. You cry and cry and cry until no more tears can be shed and whilst you're lying on the ground you mutter the words 'curse you cruel fate :tantrum: ' and fall into a deep sleep for 66 years...

2. RawringTiger

is this real or a story
    My Reactions

Real: WTF

Story: Dang son u could be a writer

3. tryhtwfr

It's both. What happened was real but it's over-exaggerated so it's not boring to read :slight_smile: And I don't think I could ever be a writer, I'm not that good :lol:

4. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Yeah I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about. There was this amazingly cute guy who sat by me when I had drivers ed courses. I'd never seen him before and no one seemed to really know who he was. I never got my hopes up too much but I always thought like, he's the perfect amount of shy and smart and totally cute that if he was gay or bi that would be totally awesome. It was never a full on crush but he did really interest me for awhile. And of course in the end it turned out he had a girlfriend. Well, thats why I like to play it safe and never get too excited if no real evidence points either way ;-;

5. lukeluvznicki13

lol well it is a pretty good exaggeration x]

6. Ohhai

I totally get this situation... Worst thing ever. Unrequited love, awful...

7. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Storyofmylife, but with less drama.

8. tryhtwfr

Ouch.

Thanks, I try my best :icon_bigg

I remember reading a poem about unrequited love and relating to it so much. I hate straight guys that should be gay - my opinion..

Haha :roflmao:

9. GayNerd

Very interesting. I think it was well-written, and a good kind of exaggeration. :slight_smile:

10. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    This has happened to me... except without the Gangnam style parts xD

Checking their facebook after mysteriously adding them to see "intersted in women" is the most discouraging part xD

11. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    As to quote the Happy Mask Salesman: "You've met with a terrible fate".

12. Blurred Horizon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Maybe they aren't out yet? Haha. But Yes this happened to me this year. God dammit.

13. ZebraJynx121

You're not the only one to go through this -.- This happens to me at once a month. I'm so foolishly optimistIc sometimes :/

14. James1991

James1991 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup. It's happened to me too. However, it had a semi-happy-ish ending. After months of the same agony you so artistically explain, being under the impression that he was straight, I find out that this guy actually likes me! I ruined it though by becoming furthermore obsessed, and a painfully long story short, I ran him out of the school. Literally. He first stopped coming to the classes we shared, but still went to the others..I stalked him in the classes we DIDN'T share until he stopped showing up to those too, then officially changed schools because of me, then actually switched his living situation with his divorced parents to be further away.

I was quite emotionally unstable at 16, lmao. And just for the record I have never acted this way or in any way similar since then!

15. FranklinK

Lots of people that are gay and in the closet. Of course their Facebook will say they are straight. Why don't you get to know the guy and find out for yourself?

16. Tim

Tim

Doesn't happen to me, cause I don't tend to look up people's facebooks. xD I also don't allow myself to like someone unless I know they're into guys. xD I wish I could stop myself until I knew they were interested in me, but my brain has limits.

Sorry this happened to you though. :frowning2:

17. tryhtwfr

Well from the replies, it's happened to a majority of you so I feel your pain :frowning2:

18. hello1992

not that extreme but yeah, its happened.

Some guys are just too beautiful, especially the blond ones. You always get your hoped up then see them what looks like to be their girlfriend.

During freshers at university, there was this guy from America who used to eat in the canteen a few tables away from me around the same time i would eat with my friends. I would sometimes sit such that i was in view with him and would pass glancing looks as i would turn my head or speak to a friend. He seemed a little camp so i was even more interested. After exams we were having a boat party with members of our hall, sort of like a farewell thing. He was there. I was with another friend and said it would be a great idea if we mingled and made more friends. More like i just wanted to talk to him. So we sat next to my crush and he was very polite. Then he turned to his friend and started to talking about eating his ex girlfriends pussy. "DAMN" was my first thought. I felt like such an idiot...

The most recent was this blond guy who used to work near me in the library. I was very sure he was gay, even though he wasnt camp. I saw him once checking out a rugby player. Then one day i saw him hugging a girl so assumed he was straight. One very bored day I decided to find him on facebook (the new search engine makes it a whole lot easier). i found him, he is gay, but has had a boyfriend for 4 years. Damn again. I am not sure what's worse, being unavailable or not even gay...

I sitll am trying to figure out my two year old crush though, here's hoping!