1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hello1992, Sep 16, 2013.

1. hello1992

I am sure many of you have had that experience of having a really big crush on someone and realsing they are either not gay or are gay but have a bf/gf.

What would you prefer, having your crush actually being straight, or being LGBT but they have a bf/gf?

My recent crush was gay but have a bf. I think its worse because it leaves that possibility that something COULD happen, and so it becomes tortutous. Although, realising they're straight just makes you feel like a fool...

During freshers at university, there was this guy from America who used to eat in the canteen a few tables away from me around the same time i would eat with my friends. I would sometimes sit such that i was in view with him and would pass glancing looks as i would turn my head or speak to a friend. He seemed a little camp so i was even more interested. After exams we were having a boat party with members of our hall, sort of like a farewell thing. He was there. I was with another friend and said it would be a great idea if we mingled and made more friends. More like i just wanted to talk to him. So we sat next to my crush and he was very polite. Then he turned to his friend and started to talking about eating his ex girlfriends pussy. "DAMN" was my first thought. I felt like such an idiot...

#1 hello1992, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  2. All41

BF or GF because there's a possibility they'll leave them

3. Hrantou

Oh myyy!!! Hahah that would make me laugh. No thank you! :lol:

I prefer they just be straight. No hope whatsoever is better because its easier to eventually get over. If they're gay and have a bf...I still hold out hope. "Maybe he does like me but he's stuck with him" or "What if they break up? I could be right here" Stuff like that runs through my head. I know its not right but you can't help it honestly.

4. Valerie

Valerie Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually have a crush on a lesbian at my school and she has a girlfriend. When I come out, I'll steal her. haha just joking. But I prefer when they are LGBT and have girlfriends because they can break up if they are straight, it doesn't matter if they are single because you still won't have them.

5. blueberrymuffin

Why be embarrassed? You like who you like. If they're unattainable for whatever reason, that's certainly unfortunate, but nothing to feel shame over.

Then again, maybe he was bi...

6. RainyViolinist

I strongly second this :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Probably LGBT since it may get my mind off things more knowing that they're taken.

8. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

LGBT. In the rare chance they leave their partner, I have a chance. :wink:

9. dani4792

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    i would prefer them to have a gf because then there's always a possibility in the future. if they were straight... well, you can't cast a spell on them to change their sexuality. they are what they are.

10. newdown

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Finding out someone is taken never fails to devastate me.

11. SomethingWitty

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess I am going to be the decenting opinion and say straight. Several reasons.
    1)half my straight male friends were crushes first, and my subtle flirting is just read as friendly. Made a lot of friends that way.
    2)I don't want to be rooting for someones relationship to fail. Despite the fact that I tend to be foul mouthed and bitterly cynical, I want the best for people.
    3)alcohol changes the definition of straight,

#11 SomethingWitty, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  12. Ridiculous

I'd prefer them to be straight.
    In both cases they are off limits - but having them be queer but taken would be worse because it would mean there could've been a chance.
    Also hoping or wishing or holding out on the hope that they'll break up makes you a dick.

13. LinkLarkin

Definitely straight. You know from the outset that you don't have a chance and that makes it a lot easier to get over.

14. ScatteredEarth

And I third it.