1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dropping hints by accident?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MusicMaker, Sep 16, 2013.

1. MusicMaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I might have dropped a hint about my orientation by accident. Without thinking about it I refered to a pair of briefs as "grandpaw undies". my dad jokingly wondered if I might prefer to wear something more ...uh,...tighter.

not a big deal. just wondered if anyone might have done something similar.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my 9th-grade Latin class, we were studying the grammar of object pronouns and how they interact with verbs. The English example I gave (out loud of course) involved "I will marry him." I corrected quickly with "her" and got a few lols. I don't think anyone suspected I liked guys because of the absent-minded example sentence, but now that I'm more in tune with myself it does make me wonder how much of Freud's opinions is applicable. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. All41

I was watching that Geico commercial with the man made out of money with my mom and told her "I'd love to marry a man like that"

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Today I was coming from classes with 3 other fellow [male] students back to our research building, and as we were entering, they were all opening two sets of double doors and vying to holding them for each other. I was at the back so all the doors were opened to me, and it was kind of funny since I didn't have to hold anything. I quipped that I felt like a princess, which they all laughed at, but then I kept wondering if they thought it sounded weird.

5. oddlife35

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I tend to acxcidnetly hint the other way, as if I'm straight. that's kind of normal for us, but slowly I'm beginning to feel bad about it.

6. Tic Code

Well, whenever some guy is especially in shape or buff I like to point it out, and I get pretty weird looks from my friends xD

I also took way too much interest when my friend brought up having a gay neighbor our age, and I asked questions like "oh, how old is he?" And "does he go to our school?" I guess I said them in an interested/excited way cus one of my friends asked me if I was interested. He left it alone after that, but I think I may have aroused some suspicion.

7. ScatteredEarth

Sometimes with my back against the wall I will sorta get a panicked tone of voice.. As if I'm frantically trying to hide it :3

8. Belle

I have accidentally dropped some hints through out the years, which is probably why I think my dad suspects it.

A couple of years ago, I was with my parents in some kind of clothing store. I ended up unconsciously checking out a girl and my dad noticed it. I saw at the corner of my eye that he mentioned his suspicion to my mom, so I immediately turned their attention to a shirt near the girl I was checking out to try and throw them off. Not sure if it worked. Stuff like this happens once in a while and I try to hide it in some way or another.
    Then there are times that I say something that sounds a bit suspicious, but I just end up telling them they misunderstood what I was trying to say.
    There just small things here and there, but I know eventually they'll end up finding out.

9. Donnerschlag

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Freaky Accident. 2 years ago, my mum discovered a notebook (which she didn’t know was my diary) where I wrote about my first gay experience burried in the depths of my closet. Luckily, I didn’t use my name and just told my mum its for a literature project about society’s problems. I think I dropped a major clue since she doesn’t know im gay in the first place and I just don’t look like one. Freaky! I almost had a mini heart attack. Note to self since then: keep your gay secrets to yourself! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. MusicMaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    wow, these are definately some close calls.

11. chercheur

chercheur Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ohh, I dropped hints all the time by accident. Like I would obsess over LGBT stories in the news, and bring them up constantly pretending like I cared on my ALSO gay sister's behalf. And then one time my mom asked me flat out why I was so obsessed with gay people. I wanted to die, haha. I just played it off, and stopped bringing things up, which added to my repression.

Ooor, I would get really uncomfortable and dumb around good looking guys. Like I wouldn't know what to say or how to act, and I'd start getting silly and dumb, haha. And whenever anyone mentioned if I thought someone was good looking (not sexually, just objectively) I would choke on my own words and not know what to say.

Ahh, it feels so long ago now. Being closeted. Like a dream (or nightmare)..