1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fluid Sexuality

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MerBear, Sep 17, 2013.

1. MerBear

I have a quick question, if there is another thread on this, i apologize, you can lock it if necessary

I always hear about everyone is fluid, more less found in women.
    someone said sexuality is fluid and not set in stone.

is that true for everyone?

biologically, is it true?

I think, its more true with women than men but maybe, im wrong.
    some say, it has more to due with bisexuality

so can someone can me your view point on this topic?

2. pokerface87

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It has been suggested that biologically we all fall somewhere in the homo to hetero continuum even if we do not act on it.

Statistically, I could only find for the U.S. And it appears than it is more common in men. Based on my own experience, I know more men who are than woman.

3. MerBear

sexuality is more fluid in men? that's a first

4. Night

Night Guest

I don't believe in sexual fluidity. You're either straight, gay, bi, or asexual. I have heard, however, that bisexuality is more common in woman.

5. MerBear

you see with bisexual girls (teens mainly).....i found that most girls, are willing to have sex with a girl, to them,....they consider that bisexual but i don't think, thats just it because i found at least 60% of women find women sexually attractive

Study: More Than Half Of Women Are Attracted To... Other Women

bisexual means being sexually attracted to both sexes

but it is just sexual attraction alone? or is romantic attraction involved?

6. pokerface87

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would not be surprised if that many men found other men attractive, but do not admit it.

I think men are generally more quiet about it, perhaps from fear of judgement. From what I have observed, women tend to do it in front of an audience, while men do it behind closed doors. I have dated a couple of men who admitted to being bisexual but they kept it very private.
    I have problem meeting women for this reason, because it is hard to tell if a girl is just having fun or actually is into women, you know?

7. MerBear

i'm not talking about men finding other men attractive or girls finding other girls attractive.

i'm talking about attraction. I dont know many straight men attracted to other men hahaha.

that's what i mean by fluid, not who finds each other attractive but who they are attracted to

8. pokerface87

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess I do not understand :icon_redf

Do you mean men being more than attracted to other men, in an romantic way, not just appreciating their attraction?

9. MerBear

i'm talking sexual attraction.

it seems women are found to be more sexually attracted to other women than men being sexually attracted to other men

Because, i hear so many people tell, straight or gay people who question their sexuality say sexuality is fluid and im curious if its only fluid with bisexuals rather then someone who is straight or gay.

got me?

10. Night

Night Guest

I personally believe any fluidity that might exist is purely within the bisexual spectrum.

Some bisexuals feel strongly towards one sex one day, then the other sex some other days.

I also personally believe that anyone who identifies as straight or gay but who feels 'fluidity' is really just bisexual.

11. MerBear

same here

12. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can actually attest to being fluid in the most remote form possible.

When I was working on a certain video, I knew I was gay. Or I'd accepted the fact that, for the most part, I was homosexual. However, part of me required to look at another certain video that had the main girl from Gurren Lagann. For the first time ever, I was having a total boner over her, and I couldn't get it down.

I haven't had an experience like that since, but I'm probably not going to go the rest of my life without a few more of those.

13. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What would this mean for those of us who have switched labels several times in life? Some would argue that we're confused, in-denial, or closeted, but for those who truly believe they were this or that at one time, these explanations don't do any justice. In the end, it's more about how a person chooses to label themselves... even within the straight, gay, bi, and asexual communities, there's too much diversity to say one person's homosexuality is the same as the next's.

As far as comparing bisexuality in men and women... my personal opinion is that society first should drop its ridiculous double standards between the two before we even attempt to go there. If men are too afraid of judgment to label themselves as bisexual, it'll be tough to get a more accurate read. No help that there are gay and straight men who insist, "Bisexuality doesn't exist in men, only women" so there's that extra pressure to "pick a side".

Though, we're only talking cismen and women. If you look at the trans community, for example, there are some very interesting expressions of sexuality, with a lot more diversity in the equation. I've known of people who have made complete 180s after transitioning, for example.

Yeah, at first I thought it was just policing against bisexuals from the heterosexual community, but was surprised to see there are gays who will also insist someone who labels as such but shows fluidity is actually bisexual.

14. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I believe that some people can have false attractions. That is what happens to girls that think they are bi in puberty, but end up straight when they become adults. A lot of times when I feel anxious or just very horny I experience false attractions. They aren't the same as real attractions. They have made me very confused in the past. I think I'm a lesbian, but I'll probably wait until I'm more sure of myself before I tell people. I have come out as bi in the past, but I don't want to date guys.

15. Hexagon

I don't think most people's sexuality is fluid, but I won't also deny that its possible. Saying everyone is fluid is a bit like saying everyone is bisexual - its not true, and it pisses people off.

16. MerBear

i hear that a lot on lgbt forms that everyone is bisexual to some degree, i didnt know that wasn't true

17. LinkLarkin

It's debatable. The idea is that, using percentages to be accurate than Kinsey numbers, people who identify as solely gay or straight can only actually be 98-99% gay or straight. I don't know whether that's true. I identify as Kinsey 6, but could the right girl come along? I seriously, seriously doubt it but you never know until it happens.

18. MerBear

yeah, i can see that

19. Cerith23

OK, so this thread is dead but I'm going to post anyway...

I think that sexuality is fluid because when I was younger I was only attracted to guys. I think I always had the potential for bisexuality, and it was only until 15+ that I felt attraction to girls. This attraction has increased as I've gotten older.

If I didn't think sexuality was fluid, then I'd have a hard time trying to fit in my same-sex attractions with my being 'straight'.

20. DrkRayne

I find more women are fluid.

I have several "straight" friends who have had sex with a woman, more than once, but are "straight" as far as relationships go. They have no...desire to be with a woman, but have had sex for the sake of sex with another woman. Just for pleasure.

However I know men, who have had emotional attachments to men, but can't have sex with them. they can't "get it up" for a guy.

I think biologically speaking, women have more fluidity when it comes to sexual desire. But this is just my opinion from what I've seen and heard.