1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When did you first fall in love?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Goodnyte, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Goodnyte

So, my question is obvious: When did you first fall in love? With who?
    May as well add a second part while I'm at it. How did you know you were in love?
    A third part too. I have too many questions. Do you think you can be too young to be in love? If so, what is that "too young" age?

I first fell in love with my current boyfriend for a matter of fact. It is hard to explain when I knew I was in love. It is one of those things where I was completely oblivious to the fact until he said it to me (when we were still friends) and it dawned on me that it explains everything I've been feeling and thinking. I don't think you can be too young. Love is an emotion that can strike anyone and everyone.

2. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    2011, with my current boyfriend. Oh boy was that fun.

3. All41

Lat month. With a boy who I don't even know is gay :icon_sad:

4. Abbra

When I was seventeen with a close friend of mine. I wasn't really aware that I was in love with her until she kissed my best friend and I became heartbroken. I think that it's not impossible to be in love at a young age, but I think we definitely confuse love and infatuation a lot of the time when we are younger. Also, I think that it's really common to outgrow love as teenagers, though it isn't definite that you will.

5. Valerie

Valerie Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. This summer, with a friend from my job. I'm almost over it now though.

2. I knew I was in love when I realised I couldn't stop thinking about her. Every song suddenly made sense. I got that weird feeling in the stomach when I unexpectedly saw her, it felt like butterflies. It hurt me in the inside when I thought about the fact that we'd never be together because she's straight and in a relationship. I would have done anything for her, like use all my gas driving around town just so I can be close to her, go watch a movie that is so boring just to sit next to her.. Yup. I still feel all that, but not like before. It kinda faded.. I moved on.

3. Love has no age.

6. Hrantou

First time, I was sixteen in high school. This new guy came to school and joined band, and played the saxophone and since I was the best at it, I had to teach him how to play and how to march and all that. I fell for him after a short while.

I know I was in love because he just had all the qualities I wanted in a boyfriend. Cute, smart, nice, caring. It was rare to find that.

Can you be too young? Eh. I'm not sure. You hear about those couples that met while they were young and lasted forever. I think you shouldn't take it so seriously when you're young. Yeah its fun to date in high school but its not the end of the world if it doesn't go well or it ends.

7. Mysz

Only experienced some crushes; romantic love doesn't come easily for me. Came close to it, though, with my first bisexual friend when I was 7 before even knowing I was gay.

8. Zac

Zac

I haven't

9. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    1 Last year november.
    2 Cause I couldnĀ“t think straight anymore I felt all glowing and the dominant thought was "I wanna get old with him."
    3 You are never to young for love. You might be to young for a serious relationship though, but those are seperate things.

(I was 17 and he came to live in a month later and we are still together)

10. akay02

Out Status:
    A few people
    It happened when I was very young, about 12 or 13 years old I guess. I fell in love with a girl. She was my classmate. She is cute good-looking girl, but also very shy. I've tried to build relationship but she was not interested to me (or may be I was not enough ambitious? XD). It was more romantic, at that times I didn't even thought much about sex and had no clue about my orientation. However, I'd call it full love since romantic feelings have no age boundaries. :wink:

#10 akay02, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  11. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not quite sure I've ever been in love. I think that strong feelings don't equate to love, so I'll say not yet.

12. Hexagon

I don't think I have.

13. leer

I thought I was when I was 18 with my ex. At the time I would have done anything for him he was my life was stupid enough to think he loved me back .

14. prism

I didn't believe in love at first sight until my first day of high school. We had mutual friends and during my sophomore year, she told me she had a crush on me. I wasn't out, so nothing came of it.

Then I met someone during my first year of college. I loved her madly and I swear my heart stopped when she asked me out, but she changed her mind shortly after because she "didn't want to be a lesbian."

I feel so fortunate that my feelings were never unrequited, but it made me hate people for creating a world that makes people afraid to love.

15. Tic Code

Haven't experienced it quite yet. I was very drawn to my best friend I had known since I was 5, both physically and emotionally, during my freshman year of high school when I was noticing my same sex attractions, but I stayed away from that, so I wasn't really "in love" per se. So, not yet, but hopefully someday.

16. KazTastic

A few weeks ago, at 20 years old.

17. LinkLarkin

I've never been in love :frowning2:

18. Bolin

Consider yourself lucky...

===========

When did you first fall in love? With who? I first fell in love with my former best friend.

How did you know you were in love?
    I didn't know until we were both 19. He announced the he had gotten engaged. I knew he had a girlfriend, and I knew I had a serious crush on him, but it wasn't until I heard the news of his engagement that I realized: "Wow. I'm in fucking love with him." I remember driving home that night from church, going in my room and just crying nonstop.

Do you think you can be too young to be in love? If so, what is that "too young" age?
    No, it depends on the person's maturity. I know 17-year-olds that are much more mature than my own father, who's in his fifties. A mature individual of any age is capable of feeling legitimate love.

19. Hysteria

I fell in love with my crush of three years after probably the first two years of knowing him. I still don't even know if it will ever be possible for him to feel the same way.

20. Californiacoast

I dated girls for years hoping I would fall in love, but being sexually attracted to guys. Then I dated guys one summer and fell in love for the first time. It was amazing. I gave my heart and soul to him and he really loved me too. I don't think you ever forget your first love.