1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you usually say, if some asks if you're bi/gay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JayR, Sep 18, 2013.

1. JayR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    **if someone asks
    Most of the time i'm having a mental panic on whether to tell them the truth or not.

2. Ohhai

I wish I could come up with an awesome response. Instead I'm like 'Erm yeah no maybe wtf dunno' *runs and hides*

3. LinkLarkin

Yes.

Unless it's a family member.

4. Pocky

I wish someone would ask me, just so maybe I could end up being introduced to some other real life gay dudes.

People either assume I'm straight or some that know me a bit better just don't bring the topic up.

5. Night

Night Guest

"Are you?"

If "Yes" - "cool, me too"
    If "No" - "okay" + I walk away.

6. elliezenny

Out Status:
    Some people
    I've only been asked once since I fully accepted it and I said yes (I kind of wish people would just ask me though because I hate telling friends and family)
    When I was really confused about it I said no and last year I just said I preferred girls because I wasn't comfortable saying that I'm gay

7. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I usually say no, it's nobody's business.

8. Fiddledeedee

"Yes." This may be followed by "why" or "what about you", as I feel appropriate. In the unlikely event that Dad or my stepmom ask, I intend to say yes and then leave the response up to them.

9. MrBrightside

If its girls my mates will say before i get a chance! But i just reply, yeah i am :slight_smile: I dont go out to mention it usually, but my mates let everyone know... kinda irritating sometimes!

10. AKTodd

No one's asked since college. I usually save time and tell them on way or the other.

Todd

11. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

If it seems someone's assuming I'm straight without outright saying it, I might let the matter go depending on the circumstances (at work vs. out of work, strangers vs. friends, etc). But if someone outright asks, I'll tell them the truth.

I used to think that way, but if you look at how often straight people talk about their partners, about people of the opposite sex whom they're crushing on or whom they think are cute, about their plans for the future and whether they use the word "wife" or "husband", you see that they make their sexualities everyone's business in a way we don't even notice because being straight is the norm. That's one of the reasons why I don't hesitate to come out to people: if straight people can be that open about their sexuality, so can I.

12. IanGallagher

No one has any idea. I'm bi, so typically I'm talking about how hot a certain girl is and about a girl I like whereas my eyes can wander to any hot dudes that pass by -- liking girls seems to equal that out as just glancing at the person to just walk into the room or curiosity in what someone's doing.

No one asked, but if they were to - I'd say no. Basically only because people ask "are you gay?" Nobody thinks about asking "are you bi?" And it's kind of a difficult subject for people to understand, thus not wanting to explain the kinsey chart, eb and flow, and etc. - I'd just say "if you were to say I'm gay, then you would be wrong." Or something along those lines - James Franco's answer.

If I was dating a dude, and someone asked if we were a couple - then, I'd say that we are dating. If they were to say, "so you guys are gay" or something like that - then I'd just say that I'm actually bi, but like this dude. So, really, it's situational.

Once I gain a certain amount of clout though in 'the business,' I do have plans to be an "out" bisexual screenwriter. All of my inspirations that helped me along the way were the celebrities I looked up to who were out and talked about it openly, so there it would just be me playing my part in returning the favor for the next dude or gal to come along.

#12 IanGallagher, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  13. TheMailman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'd say yes.

I'd, because no-one's asked yet. I wish someone kinda would, though, so it can be out in the open. Then I could maybe meet other gay/bi people!

14. Linthras

Linthras Guest

I've never been asked honestly.
    But like IanGallagher said, most, if not all people would ask if I am gay, to which the answer would be no. Followed by I'm not straight either, if the person asking doesn't come of as homophobic or otherwise antagonistic.

15. MichaelB

'Why? Are you interested?'

Usually flusters people enough and leaves a certain mysterious appeal, fuck ye haha.

But if I'm being serious just a simple 'yes' suffices most of the time. If the person asking seems like a homophobe or something, I might be more inclined to lie just to avoid the aggro.

16. RawringTiger

If its a friend or enemy

"Yes whats it to you? i love being gay so... judge me and you are a L O S E R"

And then i run in case they hit me D:

If its a family member

"Yes I am don't judge me"

17. penguin machine

I'm bi, and I've been dating my boyfriend for 7 months. Though I haven't been asked since I came out. But that's ^ the response I WILL provide i the event :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. Donnerschlag

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If someone not that close to me asks, I say "no, and it's none of your business"

If my relatives ask, I say "NO" "NEVER" "NA-UH" "NEGATIVE". It will be a shame in our clan if they discover i'm gay so I just say no.

19. Tic Code

Well, everyone thinks I'm straight, so nobody's asked. But, at least while I'm still in high school, I'd probably say no, since I'm not out of the closet. Once I'm out in college though, I can see me being pretty honest about it and just saying "yep."

20. leer

I would say yes but its not easy to tell as I dont act gay .