1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are eyebrows a big thing?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tryhtwfr, Sep 18, 2013.

?

Are eyebrows a big thing?

1. He can't have a monobrow

22 vote(s)
    46.8%
  2. He can't have a monobrow and he has to shape his eyebrows

6 vote(s)
    12.8%
  3. No I don't care if he has a monobrow or shapes his eyebrow

15 vote(s)
    31.9%
  4. Other (please post in the thread)

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  1. tryhtwfr

There was this really cute new guy that I just met today in my sixth form (high school) and I loved his personality and everything else. However, I don't think it's a particular issue but he has a bit of a mono-brow and I'm not necessary going to make him change himself or say 'I'm bored, let's go pluck your eyebrows' but I just want to see how big of a thing eyebrows are for people? I wasn't too bothered but it did catch me at first but nonetheless he's so cute but I doubt he's gay...:icon_sad:

2. im a girl but im one of the very few who dont do anything to my eyebrows other than pluck the middle. they are quite big but meh, thats my choice because i dont know how to do anything with them!

eyebrows to me arent a big thing at all, its such a minor thing.

3. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

If he is cute and you are attracted to him, then why let him having a unibrow bother you? Society says a unibrow is unattractive, but you don't have to let society dictate your own personal attractions if you think a guy with a unibrow is attractive.

In any event, unlike most physical imperfections, a unibrow is a pretty easy thing to change. With good grooming and a reliable pair of tweezers, he can keep his eyebrows in shape just as easily as he cuts his nails and hair.

Anyway, personally I am not attracted to unibrows, but I don't like facial hair in general. I like eyebrows to to be nice and shaped, not too bushy.

(Eyelashes, on the other hand, I love to be long and voluminous)

4. tryhtwfr

You're right in not letting society shape my opinion on who I find attractive or not. He hasn't got a FULL on unibrow, it's more a less hairy form. For example, he has the eyebrows of the man below but slightly darker so it's more noticeable (if you zoom in, you'll notice what I mean):

[​IMG]

Also, I'm not attracted to unibrows either but there's just something about this guy which makes me so attracted to him..

5. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  6. tryhtwfr

That was actually an interesting video :slight_smile:

7. srslywtf

I'm not bothered about eyebrows in particular - but the eyebrows can drastically change your general appraisal of someone's looks, so it's worth considering doing if you think it will make you look nice.

I never did mine until this year.. now honestly I could spend all day on them and I wouldn't be done. Thankfully the regrowing hairs dont seem nearly as painful to pull as the originals..

I'm fairly dark haired so it makes a difference for me.
    I took a bit off the outer side of mine, because they circle my eyes kinda like a raccoon otherwise - looks ok front on, but ugly from the side. I also remove the bits between the two.. they arent really 'connected' except for a light spattering of mostly light hair.. then I try to keep them in a fairly straight shape, removing anything outlandishly above/below. That said, I'm fairly conservative with it - I've maintained the natural shape mostly.

It's so much damned work though - every time I look in the mirror I find a patch that has partially grown back. It's very hard to focus so close to your eyes too, so you need to kinda hold your head in a certain light, at a certain angle, or else you will miss bits.

8. Anomie

Anomie Guest

Unibrows look weird, not into them. I tweeze mine in the middle and any other out of place ones.

9. lukeluvznicki13

I am fussy over the monobrow/unibrow. If he has two separate eye brows then that is fine for me :slight_smile:.

10. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  11. Ohhai

Guys who shape their eyebrows - weird :haha: I've never known a guy to do that. I shape mine (actually, I get a professional to do it because itd look crap if I did it). I couldn't be with a girl who had full on bushy eyebrows. Big or untidy is fine though.

12. kem

kem

I have a unibrow and I'm quite fond of it = screw anyone who doesn't like it.
    No, I don't think eyebrows are a big thing.

13. tryhtwfr

There seems to be a mixed reaction but that would be expected, thanks for all the replies :slight_smile:

14. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

You must not know many gay guys then. :newcolor:

15. chercheur

chercheur Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He can't have a monobrow...he doesn't have to shape them, but no monobrow. I associate monobrows with my mom's Italian family...bad memories. Plus, they're just unattractive.

Although, as it happens both me and the guy I'm currently into/seeing shape our eyebrows. Overgrown eyebrows are unattractive on ANYone, imho.

16. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I honestly may have dated or bedded a guy with a unibrow without even noticing. That's how big a deal it is to me. :slight_smile:

Lex

17. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, not exactly. :rolle:

18. AAASAS

what about he can't have a unibrow or overly shape his eyebrows.

Eyebrows that have been waxed are a turn off to me, not as much as a unibrow, but too clean is weird to me, it's really fake, and in turn makes me feel the person is fake. Just an opinion.

19. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm actually fascinated by unibrows. They're so weird and unique, it's like.. holy shit.. can you do tricks with that? So I'm actually more likely to be with someone who has a unibrow, if, again, I end up single again and find someone I like with a unibrow. It's not too much of a big deal, but I'd probably be very entertained with someone with a unibrow.

20. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd rather he have two eyebrows. Then again, if I'm head-over-heels for a guy, eyebrows aren't going to be the biggest problem. I find monobrows unattractive, but they're not a deal-breaker.