1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding friends

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jason1111, May 27, 2008.

1. jason1111

jason1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Does anybody have trouble finding people to hang out with I'm bummed because I don't have anybody just this stupid computer. But the people on EC are cool.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What do you like to do? Go to places involved with your interests, and strike up conversations with people. It's especially helpful if you ask questions or advice.

Ask people at the comic shops if they have recommendations of new comics to read.
    Ask people at the bookstores if they've read this or that, or for recommendations.
    Talk to the people at the grocery store about various products.

The key steps are "find your common ground", and then "use that common ground to get a conversation going". It'll feel fake and weird when you first do it - all new activities do. But keep it up. You'll get the hang of it. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. SkyTears

Join activities outside of work. Club, organizations, volunteer, etc. You meet many people by just going out.

4. ok455

Not to sound Rude go but go get a job or volunteer somewhere you can pick up a lot of friends. Especially Retail you will pick up a lot of friends

5. zumbo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I do. I think other gays are intimidated around me. I find straight guys boring when they talk about girls. I get uncomfortable around most girls when they begin to have crushes on me. I'm usually alone.

6. Stargate

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Unforntuelty the gays where I am, are well...for lack of a better word...gay, and I dont really care for the gay types, Im the gay one. I agree with zumbo that girls are much better to talk to but I always feel kinda bad when I have to ignore them if the fall for me. Must me my boyish charms:icon_bigg

But to end my tangent and back to your question. Like people said before a job is always a good way to meet people. Try joining a club in the community, its really easy to meet people when you have something in common. Just try doing little things with people like lunch and see where it goes from there

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi! Everybody at some point in their lives has some trouble making friends or finding the right people to hang out with. Maybe what would help is going out a bit and trying to join different groups where you could get to know some people. As others have said in the above posts, volunteering is also a good way of getting to know people. Maybe this is something you could be taking a look at. What might also help is to open up and just be yourself. I'm sure you have some interesting things you can talk about.

Hope this is of some help!

#7 Mirko, May 27, 2008
    Last edited: May 27, 2008
  8. Brandford

yup, lol i havent had a friend over to my house in about 4 years and i havent been over a friends house in 7 years

9. sexyalex

mee! me me me me me

gosh,

it's sick! i do need to get out.
    yet still, if i miss school ONE DAY everyone realises and calls me. but when i am at school, i eat lunch alone.

10. jason1111

jason1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It not like I have nobody it's that they are all straight with families and things going on in there lives, I can meet people it's other gay people I want to meet but I don't like sterotypical if that's how you spell it, I just want to hang out not chase guys a least not now anyway.

11. skyoverland

I understand he wants wants gay guy friends like him so he can relate and talk about things. I know how that feels, I don't feel like the gay stereotype flamboyant, I just feel I just need a guy gay friend who is himself that I can talk to about! I would suggest going to a Gay Center in your town if you got one.

12. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i have a hard time to making friends becuase im tiny for my age and skinny. kids make fun of me becuase i stutter a bit and find it hard to learn at school. i get bulied a lot to. did you get bullied at school also??? my close friend and boy friend is peter . do you have a close friend. it is good to have at least 1 close friend. i will be your friend on EC. ive made many new friends on here!!! from jayden(*hug*)

13. jason1111

jason1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I sort of have friends, but they are all married and having kids, I never hung out with gay guys that much, I did but he fell for me and I didn't like him back so he stopped talking to me.

14. Tim

Tim

I have friends, but they've all grown distant. I did hang out with a gay (he says bi, everyone knows he's gay though lol) guy once, but he ended up liking me like your friend did, and I didn't like him back, so he made one of our friends stop hanging out with me too -.- She's apologized since then though. (That's kinda creepy we both had that happen, lol)

Although it may seem unhealthy and such, I think I'd rather have online friends then no friends at all. I've known a girl online for 5 years now, and she still talks to me every day, and she said I'm like a big brother to her, which is both flattering and creepy at the same time :wink: But still nice to talk to her. Talking to anyone is better then no one. If you have problems making friends with anyone, even online, then just try talking to them first, a lot of people may just be skeptical to talk to someone new.

15. pyroboy74

No. I have a really easy time getting friends, but a really hard time trying to get rid of them. Since I'm moving to a new school, i was trying to cut all my ties to my old school. It was near impossible

16. shakerdancee

Step 1: Learn an instrument.
    Step 2: Join band or some sort of musical organization.
    Step 3: Problem solved.