1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you date a transgender person?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hot Pink, Sep 18, 2013.

?

Would you date a transgender person?

1. Yes, any transgender person.

31 vote(s)
    35.2%
  2. Yes, but I have criteria.

25 vote(s)
    28.4%
  3. Maybe.

9 vote(s)
    10.2%
  4. No.

8 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. I honestly don't know...

15 vote(s)
    17.0%
  1. Hot Pink

It's been two years since I last made this poll. I've learned a lot about what it means to be transgender since then and I'm wondering if everyone else has as well. Granted, cis people can't experience what it's like to be transgender, but maybe people have learned more from the experiences of trans people. I hope so. I hope that a lot of myths around transgender people have been lifted from this community, since there are notably more transgender members now than there were then.

I would date a transgender person. I am capable of loving anyone, honestly, but I prefer female-bodied people. These can be FTMs that have decided not to transition, gender queer people who happen to have female bodies, transitioning MTFs, pre-op MTFs, and post-op MTFs. Given my answer, this question is no longer a simple yes or no. I allow myself to have specifics. These are not meant to offend anyone, just to show that I have requirements.

2. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm biologically gay. I have a penis, and I'm mostly attracted to people with penises. So I'm sorry if you're fully transitioned into a female and I'm not attracted to you. I'll easily be your friend (and I might be the one to invite you over or plan a get-together or something), but I'm probably not going to have sex with you or date you. However, if I end up single and there's someone who's fully transitioned into a male, I'll be highly more likely to be dating you.

3. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I find other transmen to be highly attractive but as a general rule, I prefer masculine identified people. I'd date a transwoman, no matter where she fell on the transition wheel, but I've got criteria. We've got to click and hold conversation. This standard I hold to anyone I date. :wink:

4. Bolin

There was someone on the Tyra Banks Show years ago that had fully transitioned into a male, and he was fucking hot. So yes, if they're fully transitioned and I find them attractive on an emotional and physical level, then why the hell not. :grin:

5. Yes, I think I would. Sex can be worked on if or when it gets to that point.

6. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah. I remember meeting a guy a while back who was jealous of transmen because of how good looking a lot of us turned out after T. :wink:

Hey. People find me attractive now. I'm turning into a pigheaded vain bastard, eheh.

7. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Apart from the general stuff which applies to anyone, like memphis mentions, as long as they were male-bodied [which doesn't have to include GRS/SRS,] then definitely. :grin:

8. Hexagon

Yes, most definitely. I have no criteria according to transition status etc, so I selected 'any transperson', but obviously they'd still have to be a good match, sharing values and interests etc.

9. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Of course I would. Transmen, transwomen, fellow genderqueer folks. All of them, regardless of where they stood in their transition.

10. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. Definitely. In fact, I'd go as far to say that a transman would be a better match for me, as I feel he'd understand me more.

11. Hrantou

Yes. I could. If they were transitioning into a male and we got along and clicked then yes I could do it.

12. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup, but only other girls (sorry guys :\ ). If they haven't had or don't wish to have GRS I'm also fine with that, as I could care less about what's between their legs. What's important to me is what's in your mind and heart. I'd prefer and be more attracted to someone who has transitioned quite a bit; but if I feel a strong mental connection with another girl at any stage I'll still openly pursue it.

13. June Cleaver

I have my life partner already so I won't date anyone anymore, but for the sake of this post I will answer if I had never met Mike. I would consider a trans-man if he was real masculine and we clicked. I have never met a transgender person yet in real life. I am not sure a trans-man would want me to be honest as no gay guy ever has been attracted to me yet, one lesbian has fallen in love with me madly and we were close for years and only two bisexual guys. Mostly straight guys come my way, as anyone who wants to date me or more must be attracted to women to be attracted to me! June

14. All41

I'd date a FtM. But I wouldn't be attracted to a MtF

15. elliezenny

Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh gosh I'm honestly not sure....
    It's confusing because I've been attracted to FTM's before that are early on in their transition but as soon as they get further on on T the attraction goes.
    I've never been attracted to a MTF before but I guess I would give it a shot as long as they were fully transitioned (penis' scare me)

16. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I found someone that clicked with me Id give it a try.

17. CptnBeefheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't see why not

18. justjade

Being a transgender person myself, I don't discriminate. We need love, too! :grin:

19. pokerface87

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, of course.

20. Mysz

Why not? If I was attracted to them and they were MtF, somewhat female. Body parts are no problem.