1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question of the bi-guys and gals...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by aznboy, Sep 18, 2013.

1. aznboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Question for the bi-guys and gals...

So, when I'm single and unattached, I find my attention going to guys and girls at a ratio of around 65:35 ish...if I'm on the train/underground/subway, I probably notice cute guys more than I do girls. (Maybe I'm just pickier with girls)

But I've noticed that when I'm obsessed (not in a bad way...I just mean focused) with a particular person, either because I'm interested in pursuing the person, or because I'm in a relationship with the person, I basically almost completely stop thinking about the other gender (guys or girls). Not completely, completely. But pretty close. Like, there just aren't any sexual/lustful thoughts for the other gender.

Does this resonate with anyone else, or am I just a weirdo? :rolle:

#1 aznboy, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That sounds normal enough to me. Without a particular focus, you're putting out wideband scanners. Pretty much anything can catch your eye lol. But when you do have a target in mind, you don't worry about others because you have found one person you want to pursue. If you focus just to their gender, it may be because you see traits from your particular crush in others.

You'll have to excuse the quasi-military terminology, I've been writing some space navy sci-fi and it's just what came to mind :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But yeah that doesn't sound weird at all.

3. Split Arrows

well said and I totally agree.

4. aznboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Glad to hear I'm not that weird. (Though I'm probably weird in other ways. :lol:slight_smile: But yeah. You should totally share some of your fiction with us here sometime. haha. :icon_wink

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did once, but I'm always up for some hardcore criticism. I'll make a new thread once I come up with a good excerpt.

6. Sleepy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah the same exact thing happens to me

7. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Question for the bi-guys and gals...

Yes, I think this is somewhat normal. I don't know what my ratio is, but if I've been fairly satisfied with who I've been with, I tended to look less, or almost not at all, which must mean something for me because I like to look!

8. prism

When a person becomes fixated on a single individual, it would make sense if they became disinterested in everyone else, regardless of their gender.

9. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What you're describing is completely normal. When I'm emotionally passionate about someone I tend to focus on their gender and my other attractions go into hibernation. When the passion ends though, the other side comes back with a vengeance and makes itself known!

10. Hexagon

Personally, I'm just bombarded with attraction towards everyone everywhere. Even if I like someone, I continue being attracted to people of every gender.

11. IanGallagher

Im typically an alternator lol. Some days even. When gay thoughts are on my mind I'm gay. When straight thoughts are on my mind I'm straight. I get uncomfortable when both are equally there because I'm usually very very horny while out in public when that happens which can just be odd....

12. So lost

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yea that happens to meto I think its normal.

13. bestbinow

Out Status:
    Some people
    Asnboy sounds really normal to me. I agree also with RSwordsman. I just wonder sometimes if looks or age is the switch that turns on the rush of feelings and if those looks are culturally determined or inborn. Thoughts?

14. LILuke

This makes a lot of sense to me. I haven't really had any serious relationships but generally if I'm really crushing on someone I kind of don't notice anyone else except for them, so I would assume it works that way moreso if you're in a relationship.