1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Duggar Family

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LOVEjames, May 27, 2008.

1. LOVEjames

http://www.duggarfamily.com/index.html

So, they have 17 children. And they're fanatical Christians...

:confused: Srsly. I feel bad for the mother's vagina.

And there's a video... where the mother has to schedule appointments to see her children.
    http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&vid=11aef864-ef50-4de1-9012-104a0cc6261c

2. Stargate

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    schedual apointments wtf? This reminded me of a one of those funny "motivational" posters you see online, in fact it could be the family your talking about

Attached Files:

3. LOVEjames

xD It totally is that family. I don't know, my view is that like... they turned their family into a huge publicity stunt in the Lord's name.

4. Étoile

I remember seeing that family on TV 2 years ago and I thought the mom was nuts. Personally, I think it's ridiculous to have so many children in this day and age. Maybe 300 years ago it would have made sense, when medicine was still developing and kids died at an early age. I just hope the mother's able to deal with the insanity of raising 18 children.

5. JSG

JSG Guest

"Joshua, Jana & John-David (twins), Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy-Anna, Jedidiah & Jeremiah (twins), Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johannah, Jennifer"
    And the dad is called Jim?
    They must looove the letter J (kinda sounds like gay too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

Isn't giving birth supposed to be insanely painful? What woman would want to endure that 18 times !!?

6. Peridot

I have three other siblings and all our names start with "J". By the fourth kid, my parents couldn't think of another "J" name, but, boy, were they off....

7. darkestknight

They should just name it numero uno... dos... tres... or J1, J2, J3... J...

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    You wonder how they had time to have sex for #18. Guaranteed at least one of those kids is going to be gay, probably the youngest boy. :grin:

9. Negasta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you shouted up that woman's snatch you would probably hear an echo.

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Mommy, what are you and Daddy doing in there?"
    "Just making you a new playmate.
    "Oh, goody!"

I wonder if they think all seventeen kids are such a "blessing" when it's time to go shopping for clothes, or when the bills show up on the first of the month.

That said, I know several people from large families. My father was the third of nine kids, and for the most part, all the kids turned out pretty good. I had one uncle who was sort of an SOB, but hey, eight out of nine ain't bad.

Lex

11. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    My parents were both from large families also. My Dad came from a family of 14 kids. My grandmother had more but some of them died in infancy or were stillborn. I know she had a set of twins that were stillborn and my Dad remembers digging a grave for one infant boy when he was a young teenager back when it was legal to bury your family members anywhere you wanted. So we know she had at least 17 children, possibly more. She had several miscarriages also. My grandfather was also very strict about Biblical teachings. They fasted on Sundays but I'm not sure if that was more about the Bible or more about the fact that they didn't have enough food to make it through the week. My Dad grew such a distaste for chicken that he will not eat it to this day because of all the chicken and dumplings he had to eat growing up. They were all given Biblical names. My Dad's name is David Hezekiah. Ha, ha! What a name, huh? My mother was from a family with eleven children. I don't think they had it quite as bad because they were spread out further apart but still it was very tough growing up in a family with that many children.

12. Aaron skidoo

These people are scary! They have a prayer closet WTF!!!! That sounds like pervert stuff to me.

I wonder who gets to choose if they want another kid or not.... probably the dad.

They would probably disown any gay kids (or preform an exorcism)

#12 Aaron skidoo, May 28, 2008
    Last edited: May 28, 2008
  13. Alex

And i thought my 5 siblings was too much? though its only 2 on my moms side, and 3 on my dads side..

14. Sam

Sam

That is crazy! How do they afford that many kids? Yeah they probably would disown any gay kids they have or else send them to an ex-gay thing to "cure" them.

15. A prayer closet? They pray in a closet?

Don't they, like, take a moving van when they go shopping? I know the "family car" is a bus.

16. musicgirl112233

I know a family with 8 kids. I thought that was a lot. I feel sorry for the mom!

17. Brandon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I love their house, but I could care less if they have 17 children.

18. Nodnarb

Having that many kids is just crazy....

19. Alexander

They're a bit much....

and becky - It's around 1 in 10, right? so at least two of them should be gay ^_^ :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I remember watching a TV show a few months ago that was about large families. As far as "How do they do it?" A common theme I saw in the show was the older children (12~14+) would help out a lot. Which really isn't that bad, and would ensure they learn responsibility, and no one would be spoiled. I think hand-me-downs are also very popular. Most of the families also homeschooled. Again the older children helped out the younger ones. Some of the oldest children in some of the families where actually grownups and seemed relatively well adapted to real life.

I had a roomate who's mother had ~12 siblings, and he had somewhere in the neighbourhood of 60 or 90 cousins.